I have been wanting to use this sweet image for a while now, and thought it would be perfect for a thank you card to a teacher or para-professional. Here are all the details . . .
- Create a card featuring a 'profession'.
The Materials List:
- Base cardstock is kraft from The Paper Studio
- Patterned paper is from the Cosmo Cricket 'Garden Variety and Material Girl ' Double Deck
- Red cardstock is DCWV
- Gems are from Prima eLine
- Scrunched seam binding is from Bluebird Lane etsy shop
- Vintage navy hem binding is from my stash, as is the vintage red polka dotted button
- Vintage image found online, probably on Flickr
- SRM Press Sticker Sentiment
- Cricut Expression: Card base cut using Walk in My Garden cartridge, card2 set at 5", and patterned paper cut using same cartridge, card1 set at 5"
- Rotary Cutter
- Beacon 3 in 1 Advanced Craft Glue
- EKSuccess 3D-Dots 1/8"
- Scoring Tool
The Step by Step:
- Cut card base and patterned paper using Cricut Expression
- Score center line of card base
- Glue patterned paper to card base
- Using Picasa software, size and print image on ink jet printer
- Mat image using scrap cardstock, and adhere to card base
- Tie bow from seam binding and hem tape
- Mat sticker sentiment on cardstock, add foam dots and place over ribbon
- Glue button to bows
- Add gems
I hope you have enjoyed this card, because I really enjoyed making it . . . it came together like magic! Please check out Daring Cardmakers and their design team's great cards this week! And come back soon! Blessings, Becky