Thanks for visiting!


Welcome! This is the place where I share my artsy and crafty projects. I am an evolving artist these days ... finding myself enjoying less of the cards and mini albums that I have made for years, and turning to art journaling and more artistic endeavors. I have always enjoyed some craft or other, and some of my earliest memories of my mother helping me make paper dolls and other crafts. I am now in my 60's and finding myself more passionately enjoying creating beautiful things and learning new skills and techniques and products.

While you are here I hope you will find inspiration and ideas for making your own projects, however any images or projects you find here are my personal property and should not be used for your own monetary gain, or for contests or challenges. Thank You!

8/29/2008

Sleepless Nights

Last night was horrible - just horrible! My dinner didn't set well, so tummy was a little irritable. We went to the local schools where we go to ride our Trikkes, and there were probably 200+ people there for some sporting event - darn! So we didn't get to ride. Then I came home, went to bed, and couldn't go to sleep for anything! I was restless, hubby was restless and to top it off he was snoring worse than usual - I'm exhausted!


















I finally got up @ 1:30, went into my playroom, closed the door, turned on the lights, and spent about 3 1/2 hours making a card. And if I do say so myself - it turned out just LOVELY! When hubby left for work about 4:15 I went to bed and slept about 3 hours or so. But - back to the card! Here's what I came up with in the wee small hours of the morning!

I called it "Home is where the heart is" because it's for a friend who is moving from her long time home. Actually this is my take on a card by Paulien710 on sb.com. The base is Bazzill cardstock, the base papers are old as the hills and I can't even start to tell you where I got them! I scissor distressed the papers and inked them with brown ink and frayed burlap Distress Ink.

The image is from clipart software, old lace, old buttons, a bit of gingham ribbon stapled on, and a couple of quilters pins. A red felt flower, some machine and hand stitching, and a bit of stickles on the dandelion bloom.

The blue button at top actually is attached to a tag which pulls out to say "Home is where the heart is". I made the envelope from some craft paper I crumpled up and inked heavily with brown ink and frayed burlap Distress Ink. The blue button is sewn onto the tag with yellow embroidery floss. The center of the red felt flower is a stone from an old, old piece of jewelery.

Now, this morning, after I got up, got a shower and felt a little more human, I got started on another card - while the inspiration was flowing! This card is for my aunt who is coming home after almost 2 months at their second home in Connecticut.





















For this one I used Bazzill as the base, Basic Grey's Boxer papers. The green is 'Fedora' and the red is 'Vintage Tee'. The image and the stamps are from clipart software. I inked all the papers with brushed corduroy Distress Ink and brown ink, stitched with machine in 5 or 6 different stitches - look closely, lol!

There's a hydrangea blossom with an old heart charm in the center, a couple of international postage stamps from clipart software, a gold crown charm from an old kit - who knows where, some velvet ribbon, and a dragonfly charm. The lace bow is attached to a tag that pulls out from under the rose picture - just above the velvet ribbon - and says "Welcome Home". You can't see it in the pic, but I attached the bow to the tag with a small safety pin. I also added the least little bit of 'diamond' stickles to the rose blossoms for accent.

I'm really proud of these two cards, and hope you have enjoyed looking at them. Thanks for visiting! Becky

2 comments:

Gorjuss Princess said...

I think it turned out just lovely too
Sorry you had such a bad evening the other night xxx i hope you are having a better weekend !!

Camellia thank you for coming by my blog and for the comment also

take care have a good one xxx, Louise

Unknown said...

Wow! Love all the details on these cards! You make the most fantastic ones and I was privileged to have recieved one of yours! *hugs* Pia