Thanks for visiting!


Welcome! This is the place where I share my artsy and crafty projects. I am an evolving artist these days ... finding myself enjoying less of the cards and mini albums that I have made for years, and turning to art journaling and more artistic endeavors. I have always enjoyed some craft or other, and some of my earliest memories of my mother helping me make paper dolls and other crafts. I am now in my 60's and finding myself more passionately enjoying creating beautiful things and learning new skills and techniques and products.

While you are here I hope you will find inspiration and ideas for making your own projects, however any images or projects you find here are my personal property and should not be used for your own monetary gain, or for contests or challenges. Thank You!

12/05/2008

Christmas Ornament - So Cute!

Yes, it's 3 am, and it's another one of those nights - hubby is sleeping so well that I can't sleep. What is it about overweight 50 something men that induces snoring, huh??? But when he leaves to go to work about 5 am I'll go back to bed and see if I can get in a couple of hours before time to get up and start on my pre-decorating housework - and yes, I'm way behind on that, too! I also want to make a batch of my favorite cranberry shortbread cookies to have with the hot spiced cider - yum! That's one of my favorite holiday treats - a cup of hot spiced (or mulled) apple cider and a sweet, buttery piece of cranberry shortbread cookie.

Okay, so I got a couple of thngs made yesterday, but the best by far was this sweet little birdhouse Christmas ornament! The template is from Nichole Heady and can be found HERE. Don't you just love it!?! The front and back are identical, as are the two shorter sides.




Bits and Pieces:
  • Paper - My Minds Eye 'Be Merry' Sweet Sprinkles (inked with brown ink)
  • Cardstock - Bazzill
  • Ric-Rack from WalMart
  • white lace on hanger, white flowers, pink ribbons and large round rhinestones from my friend, Tish.
  • beads, vintage velvet ribbon, Sulyn glitter and marquis rhinestones from my stash
  • adhesives - Fabri-Tac
  • tools - Carl Rotary Cutter with straight blade, scissors
  • other - I stuffed the birdhouse with a little polyfill just to give it a little weight

I hope you'll try making one of these sweet birdhouses - they are really easy to make, and although I didn't have the size and pattern of Nestabilities she used in her examples it wasn't hard to figure out alternatives. If you make one (or several) I'd love to see them, so leave me a comment and I'll go pay your blog a visit. Christmas Blessings Y'all! Becky

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Becky I hope your Hubby doesn't read your blog!!!! lol..In my house I am told that I'm the one that snores but I don't believe a word of it!!!! The birdhouse is beautiful.

Unknown said...

becky this is so beautiful!

Kate Lewis said...

I have just found your blog Becky and it's beautiful - will be back to visit often!

These houses are so cute - off to Nicole's blog to check the template out for myself! Kate xx

Liz Harrell said...

Aw, that is very cute.

Lulu said...

Ok, that is toooo cute!!! Love it :)

Audrey Pettit said...

Adorable!