Thanks for visiting!


Welcome! This is the place where I share my artsy and crafty projects. I am an evolving artist these days ... finding myself enjoying less of the cards and mini albums that I have made for years, and turning to art journaling and more artistic endeavors. I have always enjoyed some craft or other, and some of my earliest memories of my mother helping me make paper dolls and other crafts. I am now in my 60's and finding myself more passionately enjoying creating beautiful things and learning new skills and techniques and products.

While you are here I hope you will find inspiration and ideas for making your own projects, however any images or projects you find here are my personal property and should not be used for your own monetary gain, or for contests or challenges. Thank You!

2/10/2010

Carols Sketch Fun # 20

Another fun challenge today!  I recently found a cardmaker on scrapbook.com who truly inspired me!  She used deep, vibrant colors for things that most people do in lighter colors.  So I used her inspiration on the butterfly in this challenge - sketch 20 from Carol's Sketch Fun.  Here is the sketch . . .




And here is my take on the sketch . . .





And here is all the info . . .

Product Info:
  • Base Cardstock from Die Cuts With a View
  • Patterned papers are from an old My Minds Eye 'Wild Asparagus' stack
  • Butterfly paper was printed on cardstock from a clipart softwere.  It is old seed packs. 
  • Rub-ons from a very old pack I got at Walmart
  • Butterfly antennae have Stickles 'platinum'
  • Red and green gems are from Prima 'e.' line
  • Polka dotted paper was glued onto cardstock and both were cut on Cuttlebug using Spellbinders Nestabilities 'labels 1'.  The label was inked with brown ink and bumped up with foam dots.
Cricut Info:
  • Card base was cut on Walk in My Garden cartridge, card 2 set on 5".
  • Butterfly was cut on Serenade Solutions cartridge, butterfly 3, one set at 2" and one set at 2 1/4".
I know I strayed a bit from the original sketch, but that's the fun of artistic license - you take an idea and make it your own!  I hope you like it!  Blessings, Becky

1 comment:

Jeanne Oliver said...

You make such gorgeous cards. I wish I would take the time to make some.