Thanks for visiting!


Welcome! This is the place where I share my artsy and crafty projects. I am an evolving artist these days ... finding myself enjoying less of the cards and mini albums that I have made for years, and turning to art journaling and more artistic endeavors. I have always enjoyed some craft or other, and some of my earliest memories of my mother helping me make paper dolls and other crafts. I am now in my 60's and finding myself more passionately enjoying creating beautiful things and learning new skills and techniques and products.

While you are here I hope you will find inspiration and ideas for making your own projects, however any images or projects you find here are my personal property and should not be used for your own monetary gain, or for contests or challenges. Thank You!

2/21/2010

Just a couple of cards . . .

Hi Folks!  Last week was a busy one for me, so I didn't get many cards made, and the ones I did get made for challenges, I didn't have time to get them entered before the deadline.  Why so busy, you may ask, well . . .

One thing is, I guess, that I'm in 'spring cleaning' mode and have been working on cleaning and re-re-re-re-organizing my studio and office space.  I finally found a great cart for storing my cardstock, which will leave me more room for my patterned paper. 



I have also found these really great plastic storage boxes by Sterilite which are perfect for craft supplies, so I've been moving things around a bit.

These boxes come in several different sizes, the lids lock on solidly, and they stack very securely.  I have bought 8 at this size ($2.50 each @ Walmart) and have ribbons, buttons, envelopes, etc. stored in this size.  There is a smaller size (@ 1/2 the size of this one) that I truly love, because it's perfect for little bits of stuff like my twine, small silk and paper flowers, pens, pencils, markers, etc.  I now have 14 of these!  I love that you can see what is in each box without having to search for what you are looking for, and I even love the turquoise color of the handles!  They do come in other colors, but I like this color best.  Besides, it perfectly matches the 'inspiration fabric' for my studio should I ever get to re-decorate in here!

And another reason I have been busy is that I lost a sweet cousin this week, and yesterday was spent at his services and having a reunion of sorts!  The circumstances were sad, but his homegoing was sweet, and there were many people I hadn't seen in 30 or more years who I got to reconnect with.  It was a very special time.

So, with all that said, I do have a couple of cards to share.  First up is 'Thinking of You' . . .


 


 




And here is 'Dream Big' . . .





I don't know why that last card wouldn't center!  It'll just have to stay as it is for now!  I hope you are having a great weekend - the weather here in northern Georgia is just lovely (for a change) and I intend in getting outside and enjoying it for a bit.  Blessings folks, Becky

1 comment:

K-Sue said...

I like both these cards. Love the bright colors.

So sorry to hear about your cousin. Very sad.