Thanks for visiting!


Welcome! This is the place where I share my artsy and crafty projects. I am an evolving artist these days ... finding myself enjoying less of the cards and mini albums that I have made for years, and turning to art journaling and more artistic endeavors. I have always enjoyed some craft or other, and some of my earliest memories of my mother helping me make paper dolls and other crafts. I am now in my 60's and finding myself more passionately enjoying creating beautiful things and learning new skills and techniques and products.

While you are here I hope you will find inspiration and ideas for making your own projects, however any images or projects you find here are my personal property and should not be used for your own monetary gain, or for contests or challenges. Thank You!

9/06/2010

Card Patterns Sketch # 80

As I said in the last post, on Friday I went to my LSS and shopped a bit for some new patterned papers.  One of the pieces I picked up was from a fairly new company that I had heard about from Tim Holtz' blog, and then began following Margie's blog.  The company is The Girls' Paperie by Margie, and this was the first time I had found any of her paper out at a store, so you KNOW I had to have me some!  I immediately was drawn to the great colors and patterns of the Vintage Travel line, and 'on holiday' in particular.  The front is a very cool ledger type sheet that is mostly aqua and a light red, but it's distressed and aged a bit and is just gorgeous!  But the back side has that 'retro' feel that I dearly love, so that is what I used for this project.

And this project is for the Card Patterns Sketch # 80!  Here is the sketch . . .




And here is my take on the sketch . . .




Product Info:
  • Card base is Die Cuts With a View card stock
  • Patterned paper is The Girls Paperie, Vintage Travel 'on holiday'
  • Image and sentiments are from Crafty Secrets, Creative Scraps by Heartwarming Vintage 'Girlfriends'
  • Stickles 'diamond'
  • Vintage buttons and ribbon are from my stash






 Tips, Tools and Techniques:
  • Card base was cut on Cricut Expression using Walk in My Garden cartridge, card2 set at 5"
  • Red vintage buttons are threaded with green bakers twine
  • Stickles used on dots on the patterned paper for a bit of bling

I love this card!  Really, I do!  It's that vintagey 50's-ish bright colors and funny image that just makes me so happy!  And I hope you love it, too!  Hope to be back soon!  Blessings, Becky

3 comments:

Sue Ann said...

SUEPR FUN!!! Great card and I will have to check out those papers!!!

whoistracy said...

So pretty! I love that gingham ribbon. Thanks for playing along with us at Card Patterns.

Pankti said...

Very fun card. Thanks for looking at my card and for comments.