Thanks for visiting!


Welcome! This is the place where I share my artsy and crafty projects. I am an evolving artist these days ... finding myself enjoying less of the cards and mini albums that I have made for years, and turning to art journaling and more artistic endeavors. I have always enjoyed some craft or other, and some of my earliest memories of my mother helping me make paper dolls and other crafts. I am now in my 60's and finding myself more passionately enjoying creating beautiful things and learning new skills and techniques and products.

While you are here I hope you will find inspiration and ideas for making your own projects, however any images or projects you find here are my personal property and should not be used for your own monetary gain, or for contests or challenges. Thank You!

9/21/2010

EBTKS and Cute Card Thursday Card Challenges

Why is it that the simplest sketches are sometimes the hardest ones from which to make a card?  That was the case with this sketch from Everything But The Kitchen Sink's Challenge #23 . . .





It's a very simple sketch, but it sort of threw me for a loop.  Then I found the Cute Card Thursday challenge # 130 to make a card with a bird or a butterfly, and I knew what belonged where that straight line is!  Oh, and I turned the card 1/4 turn clockwise as well.  Here is my take on the sketch and the challenge from CCT . . . 




And here are all the details . . . 


Product Info:

  • Base card stock is Die Cuts With a View

  • Patterned papers are both from Pink Paislee's 365 degrees collection - the stripes are 'be free', and the pretty orange patterned paper is 'daydream'

  • Ribbon is from Hobby Lobby - their brand

  • Bling on butterfly body is from Prima e. Line with Stickles 'platinum' underneath

  • Butterfly's antennae are quilters pins and seed beads from my stash, look for more info in Tips, Tools and Techniques







Tips, Tools and Techniques:

  • Cuts made using Cricut Expression

  • Card base cut using Walk in My Garden cartridge, card2 set at 5"

  • Striped paper cut using Walk in My Garden cartridge, card1 set at 5"

  • Butterflies cut using Serenade cartridge, Butterfly3 set at 1 3/4" and 2"

  • Butterfly antennae are made from quilters pins that I inked with red ink, dipped in Ranger 'Queen's Gold' embossing powder and then heat set with a heat gun, then inked again with red ink, dipped in Ranger 'Enchanted Gold' embossing powder and heat set with a heat gun.  Then I added three coordinating seed beads to each pin, gluing with FabriTac glue.  The two butterflies are separated with a scrap from a sheet of foam dots, and the pins are pushed down into the foam.

This is a very simple but elegant card that could be used for many occasions.  Birthday, sympathy, encouragement, thank you, or just about any occasion you could imagine.  When I am doing shows, it seems people like this kind of card just to keep on hand, and I like making them, too!  The pretty fall colors are very appropriate for this time of year also. 

Come back soon to see what is going on at Camellia Cottage!  Blessings, Becky


~

3 comments:

Ann said...

Sorry my sketch gave you trouble, but it turned out great! Thanks for taking the EBTKS challenge!

Linda Beeson said...

Wow, that is a very interesting sketch but you rocked it, love the butterfly.

Winter said...

So pretty! I love that butterfly! Thanks so much for playing with us in the EBTKS challenge! :)