Thanks for visiting!


Welcome! This is the place where I share my artsy and crafty projects. I am an evolving artist these days ... finding myself enjoying less of the cards and mini albums that I have made for years, and turning to art journaling and more artistic endeavors. I have always enjoyed some craft or other, and some of my earliest memories of my mother helping me make paper dolls and other crafts. I am now in my 60's and finding myself more passionately enjoying creating beautiful things and learning new skills and techniques and products.

While you are here I hope you will find inspiration and ideas for making your own projects, however any images or projects you find here are my personal property and should not be used for your own monetary gain, or for contests or challenges. Thank You!

9/25/2010

Little Red Wagon and Daring Cardmakers Challenges

Just a quick post to share another project with you.  Hubby and I are taking our new 'toys' a couple of hours away for a nice paddle!  We recently purchased two inflatable kayaks, and this will be our second time to give them a try.  Wish us luck!

This project is for two challenges:
  • Little Red Wagon's (LRW) challenge to add glitter to your project, and
  • Daring Card Makers (DCM) challenge to make an apologetic card - saying you are sorry! 
Here is my card based on these two challenges . . .




And here are all of the details . . .


Product Info:

  • Base card stock is from Die Cuts With a View 'Citrus' card stock stack

  • Base patterned paper is My Minds Eye - Ooh La La 'Between the Lines'

  • Papers used in flower are My Minds Eye Ooh La La 'Between the Lines' and 'Shabby Chic'

  • Plaid paper is My Minds Eye Ooh La La 'Get in Line' paper

  • Green 'pearls' are from Prima e. Line

  • Stickles 'platinum'

  • Buttons and cotton twine are from my stash








Tips, Tools and Techniques:
  • Card base was cut on Cricut Expression using Walk in My Garden cartridge card 2 set at 5"
  • Patterned paper was cut on Cricut Expression using Walk in My Garden cartridge card1 set at 4 3/4"
  • Sentiment was printed on white card stock, then cut on Cricut Expression using Songbird cartridge, Frame3 set at 1 3/4"
  • Patterned paper frame was cut on Cricut Expression using Songbird cartridge, Frame3 set at 2 1/2"
  • Paper flower was made according to Julie's instructions on Cosmo Cricket's video (see video below), cut using Spellbinders Nestabilities Classic Circles Scalloped Small in two different sizes.

Here is the video tutorial on how to make the paper flower . . .





Wasn't that great?  There are many great tutorials out there just for the using!  I hope you have enjoyed my card today!  Come back soon to see what's going on at Camellia Cottage!  Blessings, Becky

~

8 comments:

Rika said...

Wonderful card, love the colors.
thanks for playing.

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, the flower is fabulous!! Great card!

Lynda said...

A lovely card and your flower is beautiful - thanks for being 'sorry' with Daring Cardmakers this week.

Lynda xxx

Jo said...

This is gorgeous-Ilove the flower that you made.
Thank you for joining us at DCM this week

jo x

Rosanne said...

Pretty! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon!

Joanne said...

Very pretty! I especially love your flower! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon:)
Joanne xo

cherry said...

Beautiful fall colors! Great paper flower. cherry

Unknown said...

Happy Fall Y'all! This has me giggling as well as your profile, Retired - Homemaker. Can you retire from homemaking? This I want to know! What a wonderful card this is today, and thank you so much for the tutorial. I have always wanted to know how to make them. It was great! Thank you for stopping by to see our banner. It was such fun. There are so many wonderful paper artist in this community. It seems you are one as well! Have a lovely weekend ahead! Elizabeth