Thanks for visiting!


Welcome! This is the place where I share my artsy and crafty projects. I am an evolving artist these days ... finding myself enjoying less of the cards and mini albums that I have made for years, and turning to art journaling and more artistic endeavors. I have always enjoyed some craft or other, and some of my earliest memories of my mother helping me make paper dolls and other crafts. I am now in my 60's and finding myself more passionately enjoying creating beautiful things and learning new skills and techniques and products.

While you are here I hope you will find inspiration and ideas for making your own projects, however any images or projects you find here are my personal property and should not be used for your own monetary gain, or for contests or challenges. Thank You!

11/27/2010

Unscripted Sketches Challenge 83 and Little Yellow Bicycle Goodies

It's time once again for Sketch It Saturday over at the Unscripted Sketches challenge blog, and this week's sketch gave me a chance to try something a little bit out of my comfort zone!  I am a 'more is more' kind of cardmaker, and because my budget doesn't allow for all the latest and greatest things out there, I tend to make my own embellishments, or use non-traditional type products in my cards.

Well, a few weeks ago when I went onto Facebook to see what was going on, I saw a post from Little Yellow Bicycle telling about their 10 winners of their Christmas Card Kit.  I knew I hadn't entered anything, but looked at the list anyway, to see if I recognized any names.  And I did!  My name was on the list, and the giveaway only required being a fan of LYB on Facebook!  They simply drew 10 names at random, and mine was one of the lucky ones!  Here is a glimpse of the goodies I won . . .








I really love those chipboard stickers and the pretty papers!  Anyway, I decided to step away from the norm and use the card kit for my card this week.  I hope you enjoy it!  Here is this week's sketch . . .




And here is my take on the sketch . . .




Products - All products used are from the Little Yellow Bicycle kit except the crinkled seam binding and scrap of cardstock from my stash, and the addition of some Stickles Stardust.






Tips, Tools and Techniques - Very simple, mostly peel and stick!  The chipboard ornament, sentiment and row of gifts were all self adhesive.  I simply made a bow from the seam binding and added some stickles.  Very easy!

I guess if I have a lesson for you from my experience using this kit is to not be afraid to put yourself out there!  Especially on Facebook!  Get out there search for all your favorite products pages and 'Like' them, and you never know what you might learn, or win!  Another lesson . . . going out of your comfort zone can be a good thing!   Blessings, Becky

No comments: