Thanks for visiting!


Welcome! This is the place where I share my artsy and crafty projects. I am an evolving artist these days ... finding myself enjoying less of the cards and mini albums that I have made for years, and turning to art journaling and more artistic endeavors. I have always enjoyed some craft or other, and some of my earliest memories of my mother helping me make paper dolls and other crafts. I am now in my 60's and finding myself more passionately enjoying creating beautiful things and learning new skills and techniques and products.

While you are here I hope you will find inspiration and ideas for making your own projects, however any images or projects you find here are my personal property and should not be used for your own monetary gain, or for contests or challenges. Thank You!

4/13/2011

A New (to me) Challenge Blog - Papercraft Star!

A few weeks ago I found a very neat blog that lists the challenges available by day of the week.  It's called The Daily Dare, and it lists bunches of challenges I'd never even heard of before, so I started checking them out.  One such challenge blog is Papercraft Star, and when I visited it I found something cool . . . one of my new fellow design team members over at Unscripted Sketches - Regan - is also on the team at Papercraft Star!   Well, of course I had to play along!  The challenge is to create an Easter themed project with at least one of these colors . . .



Can't get much springier than those colors, now can you?  And I had recently found this very sweet chick on a vintage Easter card online and wanted to use it, so here is my take on the challenge . . .


Don't you love this tag!?!  Here are all the details . . .

Product Info:

  • Cardstock, patterned paper, and stickers are from Doodlebug Design Inc
  • Butterfly is Embellished Butterflies from Jenni Bowlin Studio
  • Stickles 'Crystal'
  • Ribbon and vintage button are from my stash
  • 'here comes the sun' sticker is from SRM Press, Express Yourself #42038 Everyday Life







Bits and Pieces:
  • Tag base was cut using Cricut Expression and A Child's Year cartridge, Umbrla-s using tag feature set at 5"
  • Round scalloped mat was cut using CE and A Child's Year cartridge, Bird1-s and Tag feature set at 3 1/2"
  • Chick was cut from image and glued to pink circle and that was popped up on foam dots.
  • Crystal Stickles was added to feather and bows on shoes, and around the scalloped circle.
  • Stickers were added, bow was tied and button was glued to ribbon.
  • I cut 4 layers of the main tag and laminated them with glue to make it thicker.

I think I will be visiting Papercraft Star more often now that I know about it.  Please give them, and The Daily Dare, a visit soon.  Blessings friends, Becky


4 comments:

Tracy said...

Too cute! That vintage image is fabulous and you definitely did a great job with the color palette. So glad you decided to join us for the challenge this week at Papercraft Star! Hope you come back and play again. :-)

Regan said...

Hi Becky! I just love this tag, you did a wondeful job with the colors. I am so loving that ribbon and image, great work! I am so glad you could play along with us this week at Papercraft Star and I hope you will join us again!

Angi Barrs said...

Awwww what a sweet design. Love the adorable image, ribbon and the butterfly. So glad to see you playing with us at Papercraft Star. :)

Kim Duran said...

Vintage images are my favorite! I just love this little duckie on your card - so sweet! Thank you so much for playing along with us this week at Papercraft Star!