Thanks for visiting!


Welcome! This is the place where I share my artsy and crafty projects. I am an evolving artist these days ... finding myself enjoying less of the cards and mini albums that I have made for years, and turning to art journaling and more artistic endeavors. I have always enjoyed some craft or other, and some of my earliest memories of my mother helping me make paper dolls and other crafts. I am now in my 60's and finding myself more passionately enjoying creating beautiful things and learning new skills and techniques and products.

While you are here I hope you will find inspiration and ideas for making your own projects, however any images or projects you find here are my personal property and should not be used for your own monetary gain, or for contests or challenges. Thank You!

7/19/2011

Cardabilities Sketch #35 - All You Need Is Love!

Hi Folks!  The sketch over at Cardabilities this week is just beautiful, and I had some new things I'd been saving for just such a card as the one they have asked us to make!  Here is the sketch . . . 



And here is my card based on the sketch . . . 




Just a note . . . I am very excited about that sentiment sticker (#55003 Love / SRM Stickers) because it is the very newest release, just being released this week at CHA!  I won a collection of all of the new releases from SRM on Facebook last week, and I got a big envelope full of SRM goodies yesterday!


Supply List:
  • Card stock - DCWV
  • Patterned papers - Prima 'Madeline' collection
  • Flowers and gems - Prima
  • Sentiment - SRM Press # 55003 Love
  • Gold resin heart - Anna Griffin
  • Brown ink - Stampabilities
  • Glitter glue - Stickles 'platinum'



Tools:
  • Cricut Expression and Walk In My Garden and Elegant Edges cartridges
  • Scissors, ruler, craft knife, rotary cutter
  • EK Success 'Arch Scallop' edger punch




Cricut Cuts:
  • Card base cut using Walk In My Garden (WIMG) cartridge, 'card2' set at 5"
  • Patterned paper cut using WIMG cartridge, 'card1' set at 5"
  • Cream border cut using Elegant Edges (EE) cartridge 'Swirl1-s' using border feature set at 1"
  • Scalloped circlecut using EE cartridge 'Ctrus1-s' set at 2 3/4" - this fit the sentiment sticker perfectly

Tips:
  • Very lightly ink the edges of the flower petals with brown ink, then edge VERY lightly with platinum stickles
  • Also added platinum stickles to edge of scalloped circle and the high points on the gold heart
  • Lift up one edge of the sentiment sticker with a craft knife and lift carefully, centering on card before applying

And there you have it!  I think this may be one of my top 10 favorite cards I've ever made - I just love it, and I hope you do too!  Thanks for visiting, and come back soon for more paper projects.  Blessings, Becky


4 comments:

Sabina said...

Lovely take of the sketch!! I adore the heart!!

Liz Weber said...

Ahhh I thought I recognised your beautiful sentiment Becky, LOVE this gorgeous card, fab job with the sketch and I sit here "green" with envy that you have those gorgeous stickers lol - enjoy! Thanks for playing along with us at cardabilities - hope to see you next time! Liz (cardabilities dt)

Janet O'Brien said...

Hi Becky - congrats on winning all those goodies (I too love winning goodies!). You have done a fab job with the sketch and thanks for the tips on the flowers - I have tried to ink the edges of flowers but they don't seem to work out ... maybe I should take your advice and 'lightly' ink them!!!
Thanks for playing with cardabilities for sketch #35 ... hope to see you in the next sketch!

Franz♥ said...

I really love your work Becky, the heart and the sentiment you have used, fantastic!

Thank you for playng with us at cardabilities, hugs, Francesca from Italy.