Thanks for visiting!


Welcome! This is the place where I share my artsy and crafty projects. I am an evolving artist these days ... finding myself enjoying less of the cards and mini albums that I have made for years, and turning to art journaling and more artistic endeavors. I have always enjoyed some craft or other, and some of my earliest memories of my mother helping me make paper dolls and other crafts. I am now in my 60's and finding myself more passionately enjoying creating beautiful things and learning new skills and techniques and products.

While you are here I hope you will find inspiration and ideas for making your own projects, however any images or projects you find here are my personal property and should not be used for your own monetary gain, or for contests or challenges. Thank You!

11/30/2011

Friendship's Garden Challenge Five!!!

I can't believe that we are now on our fifth challenge at Friendship's Garden!  And when I started preparing for this challenge, I wanted it to be different, with sketches some times, themes or recipes some times, and other types of challenges to keep things interesting.  One thing I came up with was the Pinterest Photo Inspiration challenge.  I scoured and searched Pinterest for some great inspiration, and came up with some great photos.  The idea behind this is that you must make a project using this photo as your inspiration, and it must include the colors I've picked from the photo.  Here is the Pinterest Inspiration Photo for challenge number five ...




And here is my project base on the photo ...




Supplies:
  • Base card stock - The Paper Studio
  • Patterned papers (including vintage post card image) - Melissa Frances
  • Ribbon - My stash - a great estate sale find
  • Button - Buttons Galore and More
  • Brown ink - Stampabilities

Tools:
  • Cricut Expression with Walk In My Garden and Elegant Edges cartridges
  • Scissors, rotary cutter, craft knife and ruler
  • Needle and  Craft and Button thread

Tips:
  • To make the ribbon flower, using a needle and button or craft thread (heavier weight), baste along one edge of the ribbon.   Pull one thread to gather it together to form a circle.  Tie a knot in the ends, glue the ends together.

That's my project for this week!  Thanks for visiting, and be sure to follow the link above and participate in our challenge for this week.  Blessings, Becky!


No comments: