Thanks for visiting!


Welcome! This is the place where I share my artsy and crafty projects. I am an evolving artist these days ... finding myself enjoying less of the cards and mini albums that I have made for years, and turning to art journaling and more artistic endeavors. I have always enjoyed some craft or other, and some of my earliest memories of my mother helping me make paper dolls and other crafts. I am now in my 60's and finding myself more passionately enjoying creating beautiful things and learning new skills and techniques and products.

While you are here I hope you will find inspiration and ideas for making your own projects, however any images or projects you find here are my personal property and should not be used for your own monetary gain, or for contests or challenges. Thank You!

11/16/2011

Friendship's Garden Challenge Four

Welcome!  Today is Challenge 4 over at Friendship's Garden, and it's all about Thanksgiving!  And since it's Thanksgiving, and we will all be cooking a lot of special recipes, I decided we needed to have a recipe for this challenge, too.  Here is the challenge ...

Thanksgiving (or gratitude) Theme using this recipe: 1 Die Cut, 2 Patterned Papers, and 3 Trims (ribbon, lace, etc.)


 And here is my card based on the challenge ...



 Supplies:
  • Base (kraft) cardstock - The Paper Studio
  • Patterned papers - We R Memory Keepers 'Autumn Splendor'
  • Image - Little Birdie Blessings
  • Lace, button, ribbon and twine - my stash
  • Orange cardstock - The Paper Studio
  • Ink - Stampabilities
  • Stickles 'Platinum' - Ranger Industries
 
Tools:
  • Computer and ink jet printer
  • Cricut Expression with Walk In My Garden and Create A Critter cartridges
  • Scissors, ruler, craft knife, paper trimmer

To make the pumpkin, I cut out two of the same sized pumpkings from the Create A Critter cartridge.  Cut the stem off of one, then cut it in half and glued each half behind the whole pumpkin.  I saw this on someone's blog, but can't remember who ... so sorry!

So, now it's time for you get busy and make a project for this week's challenge!  You know you want to, right!  Oh, and I have announced a mid-term DT call, so you might want to check that out while you are there!  Blessings, Becky


1 comment:

Joyce said...

Such a cute card. Thanks for the idea using this image.