Thanks for visiting!


Welcome! This is the place where I share my artsy and crafty projects. I am an evolving artist these days ... finding myself enjoying less of the cards and mini albums that I have made for years, and turning to art journaling and more artistic endeavors. I have always enjoyed some craft or other, and some of my earliest memories of my mother helping me make paper dolls and other crafts. I am now in my 60's and finding myself more passionately enjoying creating beautiful things and learning new skills and techniques and products.

While you are here I hope you will find inspiration and ideas for making your own projects, however any images or projects you find here are my personal property and should not be used for your own monetary gain, or for contests or challenges. Thank You!

12/14/2011

Friendship's Garden - Challenge Six!

It's time for another challenge at Friendship's Garden!  And this week's challenge is simple ... make a card of any style, any colors, really anything goes ... except ... they must have a Christmas, New Year's or winter theme. 

Here is my card based on this week's challenge ...







My inspiration for this card was a tag that I found when surfing around on Pinterest.  As soon as I saw it, I knew I had to make a card with that cute snowman!

Supplies:

  • Card base - Michael's Value Cards
  • Patterned papers - DCWV
  • White cardstock (snowman) - Walmart
  • Blue snowflakes - Dollar Tree
  • Red felt for heart - Hobby Lobby
  • Googly Eyes - Hobby Lobby
  • Sentiment - SRM Stickers
Tools:
  • Cricut Expression and Plantin Schoolbook cartridge (circles)
  • Scissors, ruler, craft knife, paper trimmer

I think that snowman is so cute, and very easy to make - simply cut 2 different sized circles, ink the edges, add a few punched holes (I used 1/8 inch) of black card stock, some googly eyes, and a long triangle of orange card stock.



I hope you've enjoyed this week's project!  I will be back in the next couple of days with a big announcement - one of which I am very proud and excited!  Blessings, Becky


1 comment:

Maria Matter said...

fabulous Becky!
I love the darling snowman you created!!
hugs & blessings!

Wishing you a blessed New Year!