Thanks for visiting!


Welcome! This is the place where I share my artsy and crafty projects. I am an evolving artist these days ... finding myself enjoying less of the cards and mini albums that I have made for years, and turning to art journaling and more artistic endeavors. I have always enjoyed some craft or other, and some of my earliest memories of my mother helping me make paper dolls and other crafts. I am now in my 60's and finding myself more passionately enjoying creating beautiful things and learning new skills and techniques and products.

While you are here I hope you will find inspiration and ideas for making your own projects, however any images or projects you find here are my personal property and should not be used for your own monetary gain, or for contests or challenges. Thank You!

12/08/2011

Sweet Gift Card Holder

Okay, can I just say that I don't like the idea of just putting a gift card into an envelope and handing it to the giftee?  Somehow, it only seems right that if you are giving someone a gift card, it should at least be packaged nicely!  So, when I saw The Kraft Journal's challenge this week - to make a tag or a gift card holder - I saw an opportunity to make a really cute package for a gift card!  And here it is ...




I wanted to put some kraft tissue paper inside, but I'm all out - it's Christmas, you know!  But isn't this a cute way to give a gift card!

Supplies:
  • Kraft card stock - The Paper Studio
  • Patterned paper - Graphic 45
  • Image - CD
  • Burlap-ish ribbon - May Arts
  • Fluffy trim and green velvet ribbon - my stash
  • Stickles - Ranger Industries
  • Felt (on bottom) - Hobby Lobby

Tools:
  • Computer and Ink Jet Printer
  • Cricut Expression and Bags, Tags, Boxes and More cartridge
  • Craft knie, ruler, scoring tool

Note:  The 'bag' is made using the Bags, Tags, Boxes and More Cricut cartridge and the 'inch bag' setting, cut at 6" - this perfectly fits an 8 1/2 x 11" sheet of card stock.


Isn't it sweet!  You could hang it on a tree, or just put it under the tree with all the other goodies!  Thanks for visiting, Becky


2 comments:

Jen Cuthbertson said...

What a fun gift bag! I love that cute image and the tassel trim at the top is so festive! Thanks for joining us at The Kraft Journal this week!

Audrey Pettit said...

My gosh, this is SO stinkin' cute, Becky! LOVE this idea for a gift card holder. Thanks so much for sharing it with us at The Kraft Journal. :)