Thanks for visiting!


Welcome! This is the place where I share my artsy and crafty projects. I am an evolving artist these days ... finding myself enjoying less of the cards and mini albums that I have made for years, and turning to art journaling and more artistic endeavors. I have always enjoyed some craft or other, and some of my earliest memories of my mother helping me make paper dolls and other crafts. I am now in my 60's and finding myself more passionately enjoying creating beautiful things and learning new skills and techniques and products.

While you are here I hope you will find inspiration and ideas for making your own projects, however any images or projects you find here are my personal property and should not be used for your own monetary gain, or for contests or challenges. Thank You!

10/08/2012

Moxie Fab World "Jars of Joy" Challenge

Let's face it!  One of THE hottest trends right now is that of canning jars.  You know, Ball, Mason, etc., etc., etc.  So it's no wonder that Cath of Moxie Fab World chose to hold a challenge with the theme or .... yup .... canning jars!  You can find all the details RIGHT HERE.

And here is my take on the challenge ...




Part One is a Christmas card.  I used an image from Kraft Outlet's 'Between Prim Friends' Vol. 2  that I printed using Picasa set at 5 x 7".  Then I cut the image out, folded a sheet of 8 1/2 x 11" in half (to make it 8 1/2 x 5 1/2") and traced the image onto the paper, placing the right edge on the fold.  Next I cut out the card shape, and adhered the image to the card.  After inking the edges on all sides, I added some Maya Road 'Latte Brown' corded twine, threaded a vintage button with the same, added a couple of holly leaves cut from patterned paper and a tag I printed on my ink jet printer.  Then I finished off the whole thing with some 'Gold' Stickles on the candle flame, and 'Platinum' Stickles on the edges of the star, holly, and jar lid.



I also made a set of three gift tags.  These were printed via Picasa, set at the 'Wallet' setting.  I adhered the whole 8 1/2 x 11" sheet of 8 images onto a piece of kraft card stock, then cut them out, inked and decorated them.




The touch of Stickles on the outer edge of the stars gives them a dimensional feel, as if you can actually see inside the jar, that I really like.

Thanks for visiting today!  And check back soon ... I have a couple of other projects for challenges that I hope to share soon.  Blessings,


5 comments:

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Becky! Thanks for linking this up to the Jars of Joy Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

BethieJ said...

CUTE card and tags!!!
Have a GREAT day!

Anonymous said...

These are wonderful tags, LOVE them!!

Twyla and Lindsey said...

How cute Becky!!!! I love your jars! What a great idea. I think I need to try that!!

Lindsey

~Tammy~ said...

I love these Becky!