Thanks for visiting!


Welcome! This is the place where I share my artsy and crafty projects. I am an evolving artist these days ... finding myself enjoying less of the cards and mini albums that I have made for years, and turning to art journaling and more artistic endeavors. I have always enjoyed some craft or other, and some of my earliest memories of my mother helping me make paper dolls and other crafts. I am now in my 60's and finding myself more passionately enjoying creating beautiful things and learning new skills and techniques and products.

While you are here I hope you will find inspiration and ideas for making your own projects, however any images or projects you find here are my personal property and should not be used for your own monetary gain, or for contests or challenges. Thank You!

4/20/2013

Catch Up Saturday ... a few more pages!

Sorry I haven't posted in a few days, but when I had time to spare I was spending it making art journal pages!  And of course I spent my Thursday at my 'LSS' or Local (Independent) Scrapbooking Store playing with an amazing group of girls!  But that's another story for another day.  Today I just want to share some of my latest art journal pages.  All were made using a background created with my Gelli Arts Gel Printing Plate, acrylic paints, scrapbook papers, etc.  Here we go ...



Bloom Where You Are Planted with 3D flowers ...





Sing It Like You Mean It ... inspired by a wren on my back deck, telling all the world how happy it was!  I am proud of the fence!  I actually made the 'stamp' using fun foam, and stamped it with white paint onto kraft card stock, then outlined and detailed with a brown sharpie.  Here are the stamps ...



They were very easy to make!




I was actually working on this piece on Monday when I heard about the bombings in Boston.  How surreal to be working on such a piece right when that happened.  Folks, we all CAN be a source of light in a dark world ... go for it and see what happens!





remember .....  The quote (written around the sides) says "Remember those who have served and fought and gave their all in the name of freedom ..... and remember ..... Freedom is NEVER free!  Just remember the cost!"


I actually started out just wanting to do a poppy, and I remembered that poppies stand for remembrance, and I took it from there!

So there are a few of my latest pieces ... I have a couple more I will do in separate posts.  Thanks for visiting, and don't forget, if you have any questions or comments, I'd love to hear them!  Blessings,



1 comment:

Val said...

Love the flowers (I just did a post on flowers over in Helen!), love the birds!( you know I love them!), Love the fact that you were working on the one about being a light in a dark world when the bombins happened. So sad. And of course the "remember" one! I LOVE it all!I am your biggest fan!