Thanks for visiting!


Welcome! This is the place where I share my artsy and crafty projects. I am an evolving artist these days ... finding myself enjoying less of the cards and mini albums that I have made for years, and turning to art journaling and more artistic endeavors. I have always enjoyed some craft or other, and some of my earliest memories of my mother helping me make paper dolls and other crafts. I am now in my 60's and finding myself more passionately enjoying creating beautiful things and learning new skills and techniques and products.

While you are here I hope you will find inspiration and ideas for making your own projects, however any images or projects you find here are my personal property and should not be used for your own monetary gain, or for contests or challenges. Thank You!

4/30/2013

She Found Her Wings ... Art Journal Page

Hello there!  I know I've not posted in a while, but my  hubby and I took my 82 year old Mama on a camping/fishing trip last week, and all the prep and packing just took all my time.  And while I had planned to schedule this post ahead of time, it just did not happen, so here it is!

I made this page on a Saturday morning when I woke up very early and couldn't sleep.  I rarely do that any more, but this time I was happy to get up and play because it was such an inspired and fruitful morning!  I actually had the inspiration for the verse and made a tag, but once it was finished I knew I had to make a tag inspired art journal page!  And here it is ...




Isn't it lovely!!!  The base is a mono print made using my Gelli Arts Gel Printing Plate ... of course!  But I did some stenciling with paint onto the top the print using some punchinella, 'holey' drywall tape, cement board tape, and a paper doily.


All of the papers for the elements you see here were also made using gelli plate prints.  The hummingbird body and wings were from a print made onto a magazine page.  I simply freehand cut the body, then kind of sketched out the wings before cutting them.  The leaves and flowers are also cut from different gelli prints.




I painted the wings with a bit of Mod Pdge, then added some very fine gold glitter for a bit of shine, then I did the same with the red flowers, but added red glitter to the blooms.  The 'beak' is a sliver of black card stock, and the 'eye' was made using the wooden tip of a paint brush handle dipped into purple paint, letting it dry and then dipping the tip of a very small paintbrush handle into titanium gold paint and touching it to the center of the purple spot.

The quote is in honor of a sweet friend who is going through some struggles, but is beginning to find her wings, and I know ... KNOW ... she is finding her wings and soon will be flying on her own and showing her strength and courage with grace and dignity!

Products used are paints by Anita's All Purpose Craft Paints, Mod Podge, Prismacolor pen, and my favorite toy, the Gelli Arts Gel Printing Plate!

I hope you've enjoyed this project, and hope you will come back soon as I have a few projects that I made while on our camping trip last week to share with you .  See you soon, and Blessings,

Becky

No comments: