Thanks for visiting!


Welcome! This is the place where I share my artsy and crafty projects. I am an evolving artist these days ... finding myself enjoying less of the cards and mini albums that I have made for years, and turning to art journaling and more artistic endeavors. I have always enjoyed some craft or other, and some of my earliest memories of my mother helping me make paper dolls and other crafts. I am now in my 60's and finding myself more passionately enjoying creating beautiful things and learning new skills and techniques and products.

While you are here I hope you will find inspiration and ideas for making your own projects, however any images or projects you find here are my personal property and should not be used for your own monetary gain, or for contests or challenges. Thank You!

9/11/2008

CPS # 81 - Missing Ewe!

Hi Friends! Thanks for visiting me today! I've actually had a quiet week and got a few cards made to share with you. This first one was for the Card Positioning Systems (CPS) Sketch 81. It's titled 'Missing Ewe!'.


Isn't Little Bo Peep the cutest! I found this pic on a clipart software program and printed it on white cardstock using my inkjet printer. The base is Bazzill cardstock.

After I inked the edges I mounted it on green cardstock and inked the edges of that, too. I added a bit of glitter glue (Sulyn Industries. 'opal') on the cloud and flowers at her feet for a bit of sparkle. Missing Ewe! was printed onto white cardstock, inked, and popped off the page with foam squares.


The patterned paper at the back is daisyd's 'Lullaby Patchwork Yellow'. I put a piece of white cardstock in middle, cut off the corners, and 'wrapped' the cardstock to get a cleaner edge. Then I inked the edges and machine stitched around the outside.


Along the bottom, under the picture there is a strip of old lace, and then I added a bow of the same lace, and topped it with a red button threaded with ivory satin ribbon.
I hope you've enjoyed your visit today. Don't forget to leave me a comment - I just love hearing from you! Blessings, Becky

9 comments:

Lyn S said...

What a sweet card.......the image is so cute!

Linda Beeson said...

What an adorable card, great use of the CPS sketch and wowie on the really cool special features.

Eva said...

Oh my goodness....such a sweet card!!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on being chosen for the CPS #81 Reader Spotlight!

I can see why your card was chosen...it'ADORABLE!!! I love the lace and the sweet image and sentiment is so cute! Beautiful work! :-D

Rosanne said...

This is so sweet! Love the stitching!

Miki said...

Your card is just adorable! I love the clipart and the stitching is beautiful. Love it!

Keri Lee Sereika said...

Ok this is adorable! I am so glad it was spotlighted because I was on vacation and didn't have time to see everyone's cards for the past two sketches and I would not have wanted to miss this one!!! :) COngrats on snagging the spotlight!

Katie said...

This is precious!!

Katie

TesaB said...

Hey! This is one gorgeous card! Congratulations to the sptolight position!!! So very well deserved!!!