Thanks for visiting!


Welcome! This is the place where I share my artsy and crafty projects. I am an evolving artist these days ... finding myself enjoying less of the cards and mini albums that I have made for years, and turning to art journaling and more artistic endeavors. I have always enjoyed some craft or other, and some of my earliest memories of my mother helping me make paper dolls and other crafts. I am now in my 60's and finding myself more passionately enjoying creating beautiful things and learning new skills and techniques and products.

While you are here I hope you will find inspiration and ideas for making your own projects, however any images or projects you find here are my personal property and should not be used for your own monetary gain, or for contests or challenges. Thank You!

9/09/2008

Daring Cardmakers Sketch

It's me again, back with another pretty card. I've only recently found Daring Cardmakers "dare" blog, and love it! This is my take on their sketch for this week.



















The image is from clipart software, printed on my inkjet printer. The rest of the products are as follows:

  • Bazzill cardstock
  • Basic Grey Boxer 'cargo' paper
  • green Bazzill cardstock, inked with brown Stampabilities ink
  • chipboard buckle, topped with Wild Asparagus paper, also inked with brown ink
  • 'Greetings of the Season printed on inkjet printer, trimmed and inked with brown ink.
  • circle of Wild Asparagus paper glued to chipboard, then cut with cuttlebug and Spellbinders 'nestabilities' circle die.
  • felt bird that I traced and cut myself, with a seed bead eye.
  • shimmery organza ribbon and bow, topped with gold button from Buttons Galore and More.


Below are a couple of pictures showing more detail. Thanks for stopping by, and hope to see you here again soon! Blessings, Becky



10 comments:

Anice said...

This card is so pretty. All the elements work together so well, wonderful work.
Thank you for taking part with the DCM challenge that I sponsored this week.
Anice (Funky Hand)
xx

Jozza said...

I love this card - such warm colours and your felt bird is simply beautiful!

Angelnorth said...

Love that button and organza bow, what a sumptuous touch for a Christmas card!

Kath Stewart said...

gorgeous card..love the papers and that little felt birdie is so cute
Love
kath
xxxx

Juliana said...

What FABULOUS details!! I really like they way you used *soft* stuff!
Such a lovely card!!

Kathy said...

This is just lovely - so many details, it must have taken ages - I hope that now you've found The Daring Cardmakersyou'll join in often

Allison Rankin said...

Super sweet card...love your birdie in felt and that image is super sweet!

Shelly said...

Becky, you won the rubbernecker blog candy! Email me to claim your bucks. Oh, beautiful card and blog!

T in MD said...

CC, You always make such beautiful cards!! & you are so creative!!
Love From T

Rosanne said...

What a gorgeous card!
All your cards are lovely!