Thanks for visiting!


Welcome! This is the place where I share my artsy and crafty projects. I am an evolving artist these days ... finding myself enjoying less of the cards and mini albums that I have made for years, and turning to art journaling and more artistic endeavors. I have always enjoyed some craft or other, and some of my earliest memories of my mother helping me make paper dolls and other crafts. I am now in my 60's and finding myself more passionately enjoying creating beautiful things and learning new skills and techniques and products.

While you are here I hope you will find inspiration and ideas for making your own projects, however any images or projects you find here are my personal property and should not be used for your own monetary gain, or for contests or challenges. Thank You!

9/18/2008

CPS # 82 - Fluttering By!

Maybe it was because I was chosen to be in the readers spotlight for my card for CPS last week, or maybe the card making mojo just wasn't flowing, but whatever it was, I had a hard time making my card for this week. It's pretty, it's girlie, and it's one of those cards you can use for any occasion. Here's my take on the sketch - I titled it 'Flutteriing By':



I used some of my favorite papers from Daisy Bucket Designs, in their 'Perfect Harmony' line. These papers have a wonderful linen cloth feel to them, and come in such pretty colors and patterns. The base paper is the back side of 'delaney'. I used the scissors distressing method on the edges, then stitched it onto white Bazzill orange peel texture cardstock using black thread.


The acetate in center is actually from the packaging one of my clear stamps came in - I cut it to the shape I wanted, then stamped it in black with the 'French Letter' stamp by Stamp Oasis that I bought from Rubbernecker Stamps. I then coated chipboard butterflies with more DBD papers - the largest uses the back side of 'hadley' paper, and the other two use different sections from the 'avery' paper. I added some crystal Stickles to the edges for a little bling. Sorry about the fuzzy pic - sigh!



Next came some black ric-rack and a few spots of white and black dimensional paint for accents, and there you have my butterfly card!



What should have been so simple, somehow took me two and a half days to make. Oh well, that's how it goes sometimes. Thanks for visiting, see you soon! Becky

No comments: