Thanks for visiting!


Welcome! This is the place where I share my artsy and crafty projects. I am an evolving artist these days ... finding myself enjoying less of the cards and mini albums that I have made for years, and turning to art journaling and more artistic endeavors. I have always enjoyed some craft or other, and some of my earliest memories of my mother helping me make paper dolls and other crafts. I am now in my 60's and finding myself more passionately enjoying creating beautiful things and learning new skills and techniques and products.

While you are here I hope you will find inspiration and ideas for making your own projects, however any images or projects you find here are my personal property and should not be used for your own monetary gain, or for contests or challenges. Thank You!

9/14/2008

Goodies from Scrap Pink All Day Crop!

Hi Friends and Neighbors in Blogland! First I have to say a huge thank you to CPS and especially to Melissa Phillips for choosing my card 'Missing Ewe' for their readers spotlight this week - that was such a huge surprise and honor for me. And thanks to all of you who left such nice comments on my cards for this past week - I cherish every one!

Now, as I told you a few days ago, I spent most of yesterday at my local scrapbooking store (EMI Scrapbooking - link to left) for their fund raiser "Scrap Pink". One of the regular customers' daughter is walking in a 3 day 60 mile breast cancer walk, and they wanted to raise money for her. I don't know what the total was yet, but every penny made goes to the charity.

When I got there yesterday around the 10 am start time, I found my place, marked with a cute little box with Hershey's kisses and my name on it, a 'believe' pink ribbon bracelet, and the kit for our make and take. You're going to love this! Susan, the owner of my lss saw this and got permission from the original creator to make it at the crop, and it's soooooo cute!


They had everything already cut out and put together in a kit, so all we had to do was lay it out and glue it down. This will be hanging in my craft room for a while, I'm sure!


Now, while there, I made an altered notebook and 4 cards. The notebook came from a dollar store, and was really ugly as you can tell from the picture at the right. But I took it together, wrapped the front and back panels with some lovely My Minds Eye Laundry Line paper called Sundress Life, a vintage clipart image, some velvet ribbon and a button, and now you have a lovely little notebook!

The first card I made was using another vintage image from clipart software, and more of the My Minds Eye paper. I borrowed a "Best Wishes" stamp from another lady there named Paula, and stamped it on the rose colored cardstock. A bit of Icicle Stickles on the centers of the flowers, and now I have a nice card in my stash for most any occasion.

I also made three Christmas cards, all using the My Minds Eye papers, and all using vintage images from my clipart software. I added a fair amount of Stickles or glitter glue to these because the cards are simple and I thought they could use some brightening up. Here they are for you to see.




I really love those papers - they are thick and some are glittery and make truly lovely cards. I'm sure I'll be back to EMI soon to pick up a few more designs.

I hope you've enjoyed this look into my weekend activities! Come back again soon to see what I've been in to here at Camellia Cottage. Blessings! Becky

2 comments:

Daniel August said...

Thank you so much for the comment..

I love your cards..

Daniel

paulien710 said...

Just pop by to say: HI!!!!
Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog!!! My oh my.... I blushed!!!!! lol

Love these cards!!!!!!
And i think that your blog looks awesome.