Thanks for visiting!


Welcome! This is the place where I share my artsy and crafty projects. I am an evolving artist these days ... finding myself enjoying less of the cards and mini albums that I have made for years, and turning to art journaling and more artistic endeavors. I have always enjoyed some craft or other, and some of my earliest memories of my mother helping me make paper dolls and other crafts. I am now in my 60's and finding myself more passionately enjoying creating beautiful things and learning new skills and techniques and products.

While you are here I hope you will find inspiration and ideas for making your own projects, however any images or projects you find here are my personal property and should not be used for your own monetary gain, or for contests or challenges. Thank You!

1/18/2010

A Day For Challenges!!! Sophistocat, Crazy 4 Challenges and Easy Craft Products Challenges . . .

Updated to add:  I have also entered this card for the Sophistocat Challenge this week, which is to make a SPRING card.  Thanks, Becky

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Hi folks!  How is everyone today?  I had some good card making time this weekend, and was able to get a few cards made for challenges.  This one is for two separate challenges . . .



Easy Craft Projects Challenges issued a challenge to make a card, layout or other project using the color 'lavender'.

Crazy 4 Challenges asked us to make a card from the following sketch . . .




Here's my take on both challenges . . .











 And my product list . . .

Cardstock:
  • Lavender is Bazzill
  • Green is Die Cuts With a View (DCWV)
Patterned paper is from Hobby Lobby (no brand name)

Digital image is from PC Crafter

Pearls are from Prima 'e' Line

Sentiment is stamped with Versamark and heat embossed with Ranger green embossing powder

Lace is from my stash

Cricut Info:
  • Card was cut using "Walk In My Garden" cartridge, card 2 set on 5"
  • Patterned Paper was cut using "Walk In My Garden" cartridge, card 1 set on 4 3/4"
  • Oval was cut using "Mothers Day 2010" cartridge, and I'm sorry I can't remember the size setting, but it's probably around 1 1/2"

Thanks for visiting today!  I'll be right back with another couple of challenges, so stick around!  Blessings, Becky

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Fabulous card, love that image, thank you for joining us at ECP this week. Hugs Avril xxxx

We are also wanting Spring at Sophisticats....xxxx

K-Sue said...

I love this one! I think I usually prefer the simpler designs, and you interpreted the sketch so sweetly.

Unknown said...

Back to say, thank you for joining us at Sophisticats this week. Hugs Avril xxx

Teri said...

Gorgeous card hun!
Thank you so much for joining in with my challenge at Sophisticats this week!
Hugs,
Teri (Guest DT)
x

Lisa said...

Thanks for taking part in our challenge at ECP! The image is so pretty!