Thanks for visiting!


Welcome! This is the place where I share my artsy and crafty projects. I am an evolving artist these days ... finding myself enjoying less of the cards and mini albums that I have made for years, and turning to art journaling and more artistic endeavors. I have always enjoyed some craft or other, and some of my earliest memories of my mother helping me make paper dolls and other crafts. I am now in my 60's and finding myself more passionately enjoying creating beautiful things and learning new skills and techniques and products.

While you are here I hope you will find inspiration and ideas for making your own projects, however any images or projects you find here are my personal property and should not be used for your own monetary gain, or for contests or challenges. Thank You!

2/16/2010

Moxie Fab World - Tuesday Trigger - MY INSPIRATION!!!

I can't believe it!  I am so happy today!  I just checked in on the Moxie Fab World blog to see today's 'Tuesday Trigger' challenge, and Cath selected MY inspiration for this week's chalenge!!! 

My inspiration was taken from one of my favorite blogs Dear Daisy Cottage hosted by dear, sweet Kim!  If you haven't read her blog and seen all the pictures of her gorgeous, colorful and somewhat kitschy cottage, you don't know what your are missing!  Here is the photo that I used as my inspiration - don't you L*O*V*E that lampshade!!!



And here is my card based on the lampshade . . .










And here is all the info for this extremely simple card . . .

Product Info:

  • Cardstock Die Cuts With a View from 'Be Mine' stack

  • Rub-on from Melissa Francis

  • Ribbon from my stash (eBay purchase)
Cricut Info:

  • Card base cut on 'Walk in My Garden' cartridge, card 2 set at 5"

  • Scallop cut on 'Plantin SchoolBook' cartridge, scallop set at 3/4".  I used a 1/8" hole punch to make the holes in the scallop
And that's it!  A very simple card that ended up on PaperCrafts Magazine's Moxie Fab World blog!  Thank you so much to Cath of Paper Crafts Magazine and Moxie Fab World and Kim of Daisy Cottage for making me one very happy girl today! Many blessings to all of you, Becky

2 comments:

Farmgirl Paints said...

That is adorable!!

Lisa Petrella said...

Congratulations!!! Can't wait to play along with your Tuesday Trigger!!! And thanks for the inspiration----your card is so darn cute! That bow is totally yummy and the red scallop adds just the right finishing touch!