Thanks for visiting!


Welcome! This is the place where I share my artsy and crafty projects. I am an evolving artist these days ... finding myself enjoying less of the cards and mini albums that I have made for years, and turning to art journaling and more artistic endeavors. I have always enjoyed some craft or other, and some of my earliest memories of my mother helping me make paper dolls and other crafts. I am now in my 60's and finding myself more passionately enjoying creating beautiful things and learning new skills and techniques and products.

While you are here I hope you will find inspiration and ideas for making your own projects, however any images or projects you find here are my personal property and should not be used for your own monetary gain, or for contests or challenges. Thank You!

2/15/2010

Everything But The Kitchen Sink Challenge # 9 - Sketch

Hi There!  I'm back with another card for one of my favorite new challenge blogs - Everything  But The Kitchen Sink (EBTKS)!  Their challenge this week was to make a card based on a sketch.  Here was Kelly Marie's inspiration for the sketch . . .



 . . . and here is her sketch . . .



 . . . and here is my take on the sketch . . .







 . . . and here's all the info . . .

Product Info:
  • All cardstock is Die Cuts With a View, from either Be Mine Stack (pink) or Citrus Stack (green)
  • All patterned paper is from My Minds Eye 'Ooh La La for Her' line.  Clockwise from top right is:Just Lovely, Summer Days, Beautiful Morning and Lah Dee Dah.
  • Flower and pearls are from Prima
  • Stickles 'Diamond'
  • Sentiment and background cut on Cuttlebug using Spellbinders Nestabilities Scalloped Circles Small, and popped up using foam squares
  • Machine Stitching
Cricut Info - All cuts made using "Walk In My Garden" cartridge
  • Card base is 'card 2' cut at 5"
  • Green background squares are 'card 1' set at 2 1/4"
  • Patterned paper cut on 'card 1' set at 2"
It's a beautiful, sunshiney (but cold) day here in northern GA - I sure hope you find some sunshine somewhere in your day!  Blessings folks, Becky

10 comments:

Virginia L. said...

FABULOUS card for the sketch!! Love the color combo and layering!

Kelley Eubanks said...

Very pretty! Love the colors and the sentiment/quote! Thanks so much for playing along with our challenge! :)

Courtney Baker said...

Cute! I love the colors you choose! Thanks so much for playing along!

Laural-Lee said...

I really like all the different dp that you used. Very pretty.

Paloma Gomez said...

Very pretty! Love the colors!

Lynnette said...

I love what you did with the sketch, the papers and colors are so pretty!

Winter said...

So pretty and I love the sentiment! Thanks for playing with us in the challenge! :)

Ann said...

LOVE those MME papers! SO pretty! Thanks for playing the EBTKS challenge! :D

Brenda Weaver said...

so pretty! Great take on the challenge!

Karen said...

Fantastic papers + Fun colors = A great card! So glad I popped in to see it! :>