Thanks for visiting!


Welcome! This is the place where I share my artsy and crafty projects. I am an evolving artist these days ... finding myself enjoying less of the cards and mini albums that I have made for years, and turning to art journaling and more artistic endeavors. I have always enjoyed some craft or other, and some of my earliest memories of my mother helping me make paper dolls and other crafts. I am now in my 60's and finding myself more passionately enjoying creating beautiful things and learning new skills and techniques and products.

While you are here I hope you will find inspiration and ideas for making your own projects, however any images or projects you find here are my personal property and should not be used for your own monetary gain, or for contests or challenges. Thank You!

2/15/2010

Thank You My Minds Eye!!!

Just before Christmas, the blog for one of my favorite companies for scrapping products, My Minds Eye, was having a '12 Days of Christmas' giveaway contest.  They gave prizes every day for 12 straight days, and I was the fortunate one to win day six!  A set of papers from a line of my choice.  I chose Ooh La La For Her . . .





 . . . and I reasoned that since it was the holidays, it might be mid January before I got the goodies, so I sat back and waited.  And waited.  Finally, the last week of January I e-mailed them and asked about the goodies I was so anxiously awaiting.  Before long I got a very nice, and very apologetic return e-mail.  The employee (who shall remain nameless), was so sorry, she had forgotten to send my address to the people who were supposed to send out the goodies. 

I e-mailed her back and told her it was okay, I understood that she had had the holidays and then CHA and I was sure she'd had much more to do than keep up with my goodies.  I got another note from her, and she thanked me for being so understanding, and was going to send me BOTH of the Ooh La La lines to thank me!  And so I got this one as well . . .




How cool is that!!!  So, I finally got them the other day.  Apparently the brown truck had a hard time getting here with all the weather issues around the country, but that was okay!  I knew my goodies from My Minds Eye were on their way.  (Have I told you how much I love MME??? Yep, I thought so!)

So of course I had to make a card first thing,and here is what I came up with . . .








And here is all the info . . .

Product Info:
  • Base Cardstock is DCWV 'Pastels' Cardstock Stack
  • Patterned paper is My Minds Eye, Ooh La La For Him
  • Octagon print is 'Frivolous'
  • Circle under the bird is 'Simply Sweet'
  • Journaling Label is 'Playful'
  • Ticket and smal flower in bottom left corner of journaling label are from the 'Accessory Sheet'
  • Stitching done by machine
  • Bird made from felt using a template I lifted {sorry}
  • Rub-ons on journaling label and ticket from Melissa Frances
  • Gems from Prma 'e.' line Pearls and Crystals
  • Buttons, twine and lace from my stash (I love the look of offsetting the patterned paper and putting lace around 2 sides!)
  • Stickles 'crystal' used on small flower and circle under bird.
  • Circle cut on Cuttlebug using Spellbinders Nestabilities Scallopped Circles Small
  • Journaling label cut on Cuttlebug using Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels One
Cricut Info:
  • Card Base cut on Walk in My Garden, card 2, set at 5"
  • Patterned (octagon) paper cut using Walk in My Garden, card 1, set at 4 1/2"

So, what did I learn from this experience???  Well first, that patience really is a virtue, and second, that if you are understanding of others situations, polite and nice, it pays off in unexpected dividends!  Oh, and if possble, I'm an even bigger fan of My Minds Eye!

Have a great week, folks!  Becky

No comments: