Thanks for visiting!


Welcome! This is the place where I share my artsy and crafty projects. I am an evolving artist these days ... finding myself enjoying less of the cards and mini albums that I have made for years, and turning to art journaling and more artistic endeavors. I have always enjoyed some craft or other, and some of my earliest memories of my mother helping me make paper dolls and other crafts. I am now in my 60's and finding myself more passionately enjoying creating beautiful things and learning new skills and techniques and products.

While you are here I hope you will find inspiration and ideas for making your own projects, however any images or projects you find here are my personal property and should not be used for your own monetary gain, or for contests or challenges. Thank You!

1/27/2011

Night and Day . . . Tale of a Tag Making Marathon!

Last night was just one of those nights!  As always, I watched TV until eleven pm, turned out the light, took off my glasses, tried to get comfy, and waited for the weather to come on.  Most nights, by the time the weather forecast is finished, I'm out like a light!  But occasionally it just doesn't work and I'm not going to sleep.  And on those nights I usually end up in my studio, door closed, gooseneck lamp shining over the work table, and me getting creative.  Last night was no different!

So I made a tag.  A really cute one with some bright pink, blue, green and white paper and like it so much I made another, and anlther.  Somewhere along the way I found a cut-up piece of old Scenic Route rub-ons, and I decided to just try to use up some of my oldies but goodies from my stash. 

Eventually, around 4:30, hubby got up and left for work, so I went back to bed to sleep for a couple of hours.  When I got up I made the girls go outside to do their business, fed them their breakfast, poured me a glass of juice, and went back to my work table.  In all I made 9 tags!  And I love them all, although there are one or two that are 'special'!   Here they are . . .



I used #5 manilla tags (2 3/8" x 4 1/2") for the base for all tags.  Adhesives used are Beacon 3 in 1 glue, Glue Glider Pro with Perma Tac adhesive, and adhesive squares from Dollar General.



#1 = Paper from a DCWV Stack, ribbon from Hobby Lobby, Gems are Prima eLine, Stickles 'crystal', Melissa Frances rub-on.


Brown ink and ribbon from Hobby Lobby, Stickles 'platinum', French text stamp (can't remember who made it) pompom from a bit of fringe in my stash.



Close up of the pompom and ribbon flower.



Probably my very favorite of the 9 tags!  Paper is from The Paper Studio (Hobby Lobby), ribbon from Michaels, gems are Prima eLine, rub-on from Scenic Route, flowers are all, I think, Prima.



Paper is from My Minds Eye, ribbonis from Hobby Lobby, lowers are various, but mostly Prima, Stickles 'platinum', and Prima eLine gems.  Oh, and 'celebrate' rub-on is Scenic Route.  (PS - I love that pink and copper fleur de lis ribbon!)



Paper is Shabby Princess by Bo Bunny Designs.  Green cardstock is Core'd'inations.  Ribbon is from Hobby Lobby, sentiment is Scenic Route, button from my stash, and Stickles 'diamond'.  I wet the green cardstock in warm water briefly, then dried it with a paper towel, pleated it by hand, and dried in the microwave @ 50 seconds or so on high.



Probably my second favorite, although I'm not really a 'pink and black' kind of gal.  Paper is from an old Fancy Pants sheet, gems are Prima eLine, Flowers are (I think) Petaloo, ribbons from my stash, and the sentiment is Scenic Route.



This one is a little different.  I left the tag 'bare', added strips of chicken feed sack fabric from the 1950's, buttons are from my stash, rub-on is Scenic route.  And I know you can't really see it, but look at the orange button as a clock, and look at about 2 o'clock!  There's a quilters pin sticking out from under the button with a heart shaped head.  It's green, and I coated it with Stickles 'crystal'.  It matches the green diamonds in the fabric perfectly!





My Minds Eye papers and diecuts, Stickles 'crystal', gems are Prima eLine, Scenic Route rub-on, and ribbon from my stash.



And last but not least, a very simple one with paper from Jillibean Soup, rub-on from Scenic route, flower, button and twill tape from my stash.


I love these tags!  They are so much fun to make, and very cheery and happy looking!  They make great a great alternative to bigger cards!  And they are all available for sale at $2.00 each or 3 for $5.  Each one comes with a white envelope that fits them perfectly.  Simply email me at lifeatcamelliacottage (at) gmail (dot) com if you are interested!

Thanks so much for visiting today!

Be joyful always, Becky


 

1 comment:

Val said...

These are just darling! You are my idol, you know? I am gonna learn. I am determined. But you need to get some rest girl!!!!