Thanks for visiting!


Welcome! This is the place where I share my artsy and crafty projects. I am an evolving artist these days ... finding myself enjoying less of the cards and mini albums that I have made for years, and turning to art journaling and more artistic endeavors. I have always enjoyed some craft or other, and some of my earliest memories of my mother helping me make paper dolls and other crafts. I am now in my 60's and finding myself more passionately enjoying creating beautiful things and learning new skills and techniques and products.

While you are here I hope you will find inspiration and ideas for making your own projects, however any images or projects you find here are my personal property and should not be used for your own monetary gain, or for contests or challenges. Thank You!

2/14/2011

Busy Hands, Happy Heart . . .

Do you do one craft all the time, or do you try new things all the time, moving from one type of project to another and back again?  I love trying new things, but I also enjoy returning to old favorites!  I've been making things from felt for years; I guess I got started making felt Christmas ornaments at some time, and have progressed from there.  The other day I found THIS tutorial, and loved it!  I made one flower by the tutorial and put it onto a red and white gingham stuffed heart I had made.  Sorry I can't show it to you, but I gave it to a friend for Valentines without making pictures - oops!

Anyway, as I usually do, I put on my thinking cap and started looking at ways I could change it up a bit, and came up with the idea to cut scalloped circles from the felt using my cuttlebug and Spellbinders dies.  I made one, two, three, and now I'm on about # 20-something!  They are easy and soooo cute!  Here are the ones I have finished - and yes, they are all attached to cute elastic pony tail bands!


A Garden of Felt Flowers!







Aren't they adorable!  I hope to do several shows this year, and think these should sell pretty well.  I hope to make more as the pony tail bands and some as pins that could be pinned onto a jacket, bag, hat, etc.


Shades of pink.  The darker pink is actually more of a coral-pink than the hot pink they appear in the picture.
 

Any football fans out there?  Can you say Tennessee Vols and Auburn Tigers???

Ivory with turquoise vintage buttons!

I really love this pink one with the vintage red button!!!
 
And this red one with a vintage pink button.







 
I cut up a bunch of the circles in two sizes and keep them in a zipper bag in my sewing bag. They stitch up fairly quickly.

My plan is to make up lots of the flowers in different pro and college sports teams colors. Do you have a special team you would like to see represented in my garden? Email me and let me know and I will try to get some made up! These will be selling for $2 each for the small (approx. 1 1/3" across) and $2.50 each for the large (approx. 2" across). Anyone who is interested in either pony tail bands or pins can email me at lifeatcamelliacottage(at)gmail(dot)com!

So tell me, what do you think of my garden full of felt flowers???



Be Joyful Always! Becky

2 comments:

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Happy Valentine's Day!
Your flower garden is great! I bet you will sell ALL of them and I like the pin idea.
deb

Val said...

I absolutely LOVE them!!!