Thanks for visiting!


Welcome! This is the place where I share my artsy and crafty projects. I am an evolving artist these days ... finding myself enjoying less of the cards and mini albums that I have made for years, and turning to art journaling and more artistic endeavors. I have always enjoyed some craft or other, and some of my earliest memories of my mother helping me make paper dolls and other crafts. I am now in my 60's and finding myself more passionately enjoying creating beautiful things and learning new skills and techniques and products.

While you are here I hope you will find inspiration and ideas for making your own projects, however any images or projects you find here are my personal property and should not be used for your own monetary gain, or for contests or challenges. Thank You!

2/12/2011

Unscripted Sketches #93 - Doing The Impossible!

Looks like it's Saturday again, and of course that must mean it is Sketch It Saturday over at the Unscripted Sketches challenge blog!!!  This week we are doing another of my sketches, so that's very exciting!  The sketch has a heart, and you'd think I would do a Valentines card since it's just a couple of days before Valentines day, but no, that's not where my creativity took me this time!  But is is a very pretty card, if I do say so myself!  Here's the sketch . . .




And here is my take on the sketch . . .





I am also linking this card up for the Alphabet Challenge Blog's challenge "O is for Orange" where the challenge is to make a project with orange as your dominant color.


 
And of course, here are all the details . . 

Product Info:
  • Base cardstock is Bazzill
  • Black and red bits of cardstock are DCWV, and the gray is Bazzill
  • Patterned papers are from the Cosmo Cricket Material Girl Stack
  • Buttons from my stash






Tips, Tools and Techniques:
Cricut:
  • Base of card was cut using Walk in My Garden cartridge, card 2 set at 5" and patterned paper square was cut using card1 set at 4 3/4"
  • Sewing Machine was cut using Nifty Fifties cartridge
  • Stitching is machine done, edges inked with brown ink, sentiment was printed on ink jet printer and trimmed by hand.
  • Buttons are from my stash, and threaded with brown bakers twine.
And that's about it!  I think it's a great encouragement card for a friend or family member.  Please go check out the Unscripted Sketches blog and go visit all our incredible Design Team members and see their takes on this week's sketch!

Be Joyful Always, Becky

1 comment:

Lesley said...

Great card! I love the sewing machine! Thanks for taking part in the Alphabet Challenge xx