Thanks for visiting!


Welcome! This is the place where I share my artsy and crafty projects. I am an evolving artist these days ... finding myself enjoying less of the cards and mini albums that I have made for years, and turning to art journaling and more artistic endeavors. I have always enjoyed some craft or other, and some of my earliest memories of my mother helping me make paper dolls and other crafts. I am now in my 60's and finding myself more passionately enjoying creating beautiful things and learning new skills and techniques and products.

While you are here I hope you will find inspiration and ideas for making your own projects, however any images or projects you find here are my personal property and should not be used for your own monetary gain, or for contests or challenges. Thank You!

2/10/2011

Tag Tuesday Challenge - A Tag on a Tag!

Due to busy-ness, I missed the Tag Tuesday challenge last week, so I was determined to get something in for this week!  This will be a quick post to share my take on the challenge with you!  I don't quite know how, but when I read that the challenge was to put a tag onto a tag, I came up with a birdhouse with a for sale sign, and a tag saying 'cheep'!  Sometimes being an artist or crafter just means following your mind's leading and that is how I came up with this . . .




 I used a #5 manila tag, and toppedit with a bit of Basic Grey's 'lemonade/saltwater taffy' patterned paper.  I cut the roof freehand from a scrap of cardstock, and used my Carl rotary cutter to cut the scalloped bit of cardstock.




I cut a small circle of brown cardstock for the opening, and topped that with some bits of shredded paper. 





The House For Sale, and Cheep was printed on my ink jet printer, and cut by hand.  I used an oval jump ring for hanging the small tag from the roof.  Here is a picture of the back so you can see the original tag I used for the foundation . . .



The extra strip of brown cardstock is to reinforce the roof.  For a kind of 'flying by the seat of my pants' project, I think it turned out pretty cute!

Thanks for stopping by!  Be Joyful Always, Becky

6 comments:

Jean Franks Beck said...

This is adorable! Love how you've done the roof, and the nest - all so cute!

Janna said...

Oh my gosh, how cute is this! I love it! I have 3 little Doxies at my house!!

Sarah said...

What a clever take on the challenge! So cute!!!

Val said...

I LOVE this! You are so creative! I have got to get some tags.

Unknown said...

This is so adorable.. I just love it.. Very clever!!

Louise (KardKrazy) said...

Very creative, Becky...love your thinking on this one:)