Thanks for visiting!


Welcome! This is the place where I share my artsy and crafty projects. I am an evolving artist these days ... finding myself enjoying less of the cards and mini albums that I have made for years, and turning to art journaling and more artistic endeavors. I have always enjoyed some craft or other, and some of my earliest memories of my mother helping me make paper dolls and other crafts. I am now in my 60's and finding myself more passionately enjoying creating beautiful things and learning new skills and techniques and products.

While you are here I hope you will find inspiration and ideas for making your own projects, however any images or projects you find here are my personal property and should not be used for your own monetary gain, or for contests or challenges. Thank You!

6/22/2011

Alphabet Challenge Blog "G is for Get Well"

When you find an image that you just love, you want to use it as soon as possible; or at least that is the case for me!  I just found this cute little image (I'm thinking it's a hedgehog?) on Flickr and thought the sweet, caring look on it's face would be perfect for a get well card.  How lucky that this week's challenge over at the Alphabet Challenge Blog is 'G for Get Well'!  Here is my card . . .




The Supplies:

  • Card stock - The Paper Studio
  • Patterned paper - Bo Bunny
  • Image - found on flickr, printed using computer, Picasa 3 software and my ink jet printer
  • Sentiment - SRM Press




The Tools:
  • Cricut Expression and Walk In My Garden cartridge
  • EK Success Scalloped Lace Punch
  • Scissors, rotary trimmer, craft knife and ruler
  • Computer, Picasa 3 software and ink jet printer



Don't you love that sweet critter!  And the straw hat with flowers and the sunglasses . . . so sweet!  Thanks so much for stopping by today, and I hope you will come for another visit soon!  Blessings, Becky



4 comments:

happyglitzygirl said...

I agree,the image is perfect for a get well card. Great choice on papers as well. Thanks for playing with us at the Alphabet Challenge, blessings Hilde

Lester said...

Very very interesting post..I like this one. gotta bookmark this one.
Cottage Furniture

Lesley said...

Aww this is really cute! Thanks for taking part in the Alphabet Challenge xx

Sonia said...

Hi!
Adorabel image, love it!.. Your card is so pretty.
Thanks for joining us at ALPHABET Challenge Blog.
-Sony
Sonia-Studio60