Thanks for visiting!


Welcome! This is the place where I share my artsy and crafty projects. I am an evolving artist these days ... finding myself enjoying less of the cards and mini albums that I have made for years, and turning to art journaling and more artistic endeavors. I have always enjoyed some craft or other, and some of my earliest memories of my mother helping me make paper dolls and other crafts. I am now in my 60's and finding myself more passionately enjoying creating beautiful things and learning new skills and techniques and products.

While you are here I hope you will find inspiration and ideas for making your own projects, however any images or projects you find here are my personal property and should not be used for your own monetary gain, or for contests or challenges. Thank You!

6/25/2011

Unscripted Sketches #112 - Get Well Soon

Happy Saturday!!!  Are you ready for Christmas???  Next week Unscripted Sketches will start our month long festivities and fun for Christmas In July!!!  Please don't miss a day, because we will have Designer Spotlight Days, special projects and tutorials, info about how you can donate cards for our troops, and a few RAKS and giveaways!  It's going to be a blast!  




Now on to this week's challenge!   Here is this week's sketch . . . 




And here is my project for this sketch . . . 




The Supplies:
  • Card stock - DCWV
  • Patterned paper - My Mind's Eye, Stella and Rose, Mabel "Play" Silly Stripe Paper
  • Gems - Prima
  • Sentiment - SRM Press
  • Stickles 'platinum' - Ranger Industries
  • Image is from clipart software
  • Brown ink - Stampabilities 



The Tools:
  • Cricut Expression and Walk In My Garden and Elegant Edges cartridges
  • Computer and ink jet printer
  • Scissors, ruler, craft knife and rotary cutter



Helpful Tips:
  • Print two copies of the image and 'fussy cut', or cut out the whole image.  Adhere first copy to the brown card stock, put foam dots (squares, etc.) onto back of 2nd image and place over top of first image.  This gives you a sense of depth and the top image pops out at you a bit.  Stickles around the image makes it shine!
  • If you are using a border, try to echo some kind of design in your patterned paper!  The Stella and Rose paper has a loopy 'doodled' design in the stripes, and I was so happy when I found this border on the Elegant Edges Cricut cartridge that echoes that loopy design.  Inking the edges helps soften the white cardstock, and Stickles around the edges gives it a bit of sparkle.
  • When looking at Cricut cartridges to purchase, go to Cricut.com and look at the 'digital handbook'.  This way you can get an in-depth look at all of the features on each cartridge that you just can't get from looking at the back of the box.



Thanks for joining me today!  Make sure to go to the Unscripted Sketches website and then visit all the other designers  to see their projects for this week!  Blessings, Becky


No comments: