Thanks for visiting!


Welcome! This is the place where I share my artsy and crafty projects. I am an evolving artist these days ... finding myself enjoying less of the cards and mini albums that I have made for years, and turning to art journaling and more artistic endeavors. I have always enjoyed some craft or other, and some of my earliest memories of my mother helping me make paper dolls and other crafts. I am now in my 60's and finding myself more passionately enjoying creating beautiful things and learning new skills and techniques and products.

While you are here I hope you will find inspiration and ideas for making your own projects, however any images or projects you find here are my personal property and should not be used for your own monetary gain, or for contests or challenges. Thank You!

6/27/2011

Moxie Fab World - Beautiful Borders Challenge #2

Back again with my second project for the Moxie Fab World 'Beautiful Borders' challenge.   This time I chose to alter a tiny composition notebook that you could use for an address book, diary, prayer journal or just about anything!  Even a card-making journal so you can remember what products you used in your projects!  Here it is . . .



I used a small composition notebook that measures 'about' 4 1/2" X 3 1/4" and comes in a package of three. books.  Here is what they looked like before I started altering them . . .




Here are the details:

The Supplies:

  • Composition notebook - Family Dollar
  • Patterned papers - Prima Marketing 'Madeline' line, various patterns
  • Button - Jenni Bowlin 
  • Stickers - SRM Press
  • Seam Binding - Bluebird Lane Etsy Shop
  • Brown Ink - Stampabilities
  • Felt and twill tape - my stash

Rosette Detail


The Tools:
  • Cricut Expression and Elegant Edges cartridge
  • EK Success 'Arch Scallop' border punch
  • Scissors, ruler, craft knife and rotary cutter

Back of book

The Process:
  • Cut strip of felt to fit binding plus about 1/4 inch wide.  The extra width will allow for opening an closing of book more easily.  Glue felt to black binding of book, leaving center loose (unglued) for easy opening and closing.
  • Cut two pieces of patterned paper to fit back and front of book.  Ink edges with brown ink and adhere to book.
  • Glue twill tape into inside back cover of book.  Cut two pieces of patterned paper to fit inside covers of book, ink with brown ink and adhere to inside covers.  Cover the twill tape bookmark in back with patterned paper.
  • If desired, make small pockets for inside of book covers.
  • Cut two borders using Cricut and Elegant Edges cartridge, 'Scallop2' using border feature, set at 3/4".  Trim ends off of each border, ink with brown ink and adhere to book front.
  • Adhere stickers to borders on front of book.
  • Glue pieces of seam binding to front and back of book, allow to dry before proceeding.
  • Cut butterfly from patterned paper and glue over end of seam binding on back cover.  Apply stickers.
  • Make rosette, more detail found HERE.
  • Glue rosette onto book front, covering end of seam binding.
  • Thread seam binding through button and tie a bow.  Glue to rosette.
And that is it!  I hope to do a tutorial soon on how to make the pockets for the inside of books, cards, etc., so keep on the lookout for that!

I love this little book, and think it would make a special gift!  Thanks for visiting, and I hope to see you back soon!  Blessings, Becky



2 comments:

Val said...

Amazing! You never cease to amaze me. Hey, where is your new blog?

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Becky! Thanks again for linking up to the Beautiful Borders challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)