And here are the details . . .
- Card stock - DCWV
- Patterned paper - My Mind's Eye "Shine" Whirlybird Paper
- Sentiment - SRM Press # 53002 Hello
- Vintage Buttons from my stash
- Fibers - Prism Craft Thread (perle cotton)
- Cricut Expression with Walk In My Garden and Elegant Edges cartridges
- EK Success 'Arch Scallop' border punch
- Scissors, ruler, scoring tool, kraft knife and rotary cutter
- For the card base I used my Cricut Expression with the Walk In My Garden cartridge 'card2' set at 5"
- For the patterned paper I used the same cartridge but 'card1' set at 5"
- For the borders, I used my Cricut Expression with the Elegant Edges cartridge, 'bird4' and bird4-s' using the border feature set at 1 1/2". Notes: 1) I cut two of the bird4-s borders, one from blue and one from pink cardstock, and glued the pink one underneat the 'bird4' border to show through the bird cutouts. 2)Once I adhered the borders to the card, I trimmed the corners from the card so they did not show.
- For the rosette, I cut a strip of the patterned paper (using reverse side) about 1 1/2" wide by 12" long. Next I punched along one side using the EK Success border punch. Next, using my ruler and scoring tool, I scored a line at the center of each arch, and between each arch, then accordion folded on the scored lines. Next you glue the two ends together, holding until it is dry. Then you turn the straight edge to the center, leaving the scalloped edge outside. Using a scrap of cardstock, glue it to the back of the rosette, holding until the glue is dry. Thread the two buttons together, tie a bow and glue to the rosette.
I think this is such a cute card, and love that My Mind's Eye paper! I hope you have enjoyed your visit . . . please come back soon, Becky