Now on to this week's challenge! Here is this week's sketch . . .
And here is my project for this sketch . . .
- Card stock - DCWV
- Patterned paper - My Mind's Eye, Stella and Rose, Mabel "Play" Silly Stripe Paper
- Gems - Prima
- Sentiment - SRM Press
- Stickles 'platinum' - Ranger Industries
- Image is from clipart software
- Brown ink - Stampabilities
- Cricut Expression and Walk In My Garden and Elegant Edges cartridges
- Computer and ink jet printer
- Scissors, ruler, craft knife and rotary cutter
- Print two copies of the image and 'fussy cut', or cut out the whole image. Adhere first copy to the brown card stock, put foam dots (squares, etc.) onto back of 2nd image and place over top of first image. This gives you a sense of depth and the top image pops out at you a bit. Stickles around the image makes it shine!
- If you are using a border, try to echo some kind of design in your patterned paper! The Stella and Rose paper has a loopy 'doodled' design in the stripes, and I was so happy when I found this border on the Elegant Edges Cricut cartridge that echoes that loopy design. Inking the edges helps soften the white cardstock, and Stickles around the edges gives it a bit of sparkle.
- When looking at Cricut cartridges to purchase, go to Cricut.com and look at the 'digital handbook'. This way you can get an in-depth look at all of the features on each cartridge that you just can't get from looking at the back of the box.
Thanks for joining me today! Make sure to go to the Unscripted Sketches website and then visit all the other designers to see their projects for this week! Blessings, Becky