I finally got to see an Epiphany tool - and all you can do with them - in action earlier this year, but I am now totally sold on them! You can use the tools with the matching bubble caps and 'findings', or you can use them just as a punch! Seriously, if you haven't checked them out, you really should, because the possibilities for using them are endless! I am now proud owner of the round 25 and heart 25 shape tools, and the flower 20 button tool.
This week Epiphany Crafts is having a color challenge, asking you to use a 'rainbow' of colors on a project. As soon as I saw the challenge, I knew what I wanted to do with it. Can you say Simple Stores 'Summer Fresh' chevron paper??? What's better than a rainbow? Well, a chevron rainbow, of course!!!
Here is my card based on the challenge ...
And here are all the details ...
- Kraft card stock (base) - The Paper Studio
- Patterned papers and sun element - Simple Stories 'Summer Fresh' collection
- Flower buttons - Epiphany 'Flower 20' button bubble caps
- Sentiment - SRM Stickers
- Brown ink - Stampabilities
- Stickles 'Diamond' and 'Platinum' - Ranger Ink
- Brown corded twine - Maya Road
- Red twine and bumble bee - my stash
|Close up of flower pot using Epiphany Crafts 'Flower 20' Button Studio Tool and button bubble caps|
- Epiphany Crafts 'Flower 20' Button Studio Tool
- Martha Stewart / EK Success Paper Trimmer
- Martha Stewart / EK Success Scoring Board
- Scissors, Ruler, Craft Knife
- Cut kraft card stock to 5" x 10".
- Score center line to make card 5" square.
- Ink edges with brown ink.
- Trim 'chevron' paper to 5" square and adhere to kraft card stock.
- Fussy cut sunshine element with scissors and adhere to card.
- Cut flower pot shape from burlap paper using scissors and adhere to card.
- Adhere sticker sentiment to scrap of kraft card stock.
- Trim card stock to slightly larger than sticker.
- Ink edges with brown ink.
- Adhere sentiment to card using foam dots.
- Cut basic leaf shapes from green polka dot paper and ink edges with brown ink.
- Adhere leaves to card, just above the flower pot.
- Make the flowers by using the Epiphany 'Flower 20' punch and buttons. I used scraps of 5 different pages from the Simple Stories 'Summer Fresh' papers.
- Thread flower buttons using red bakers twine.
- Make a small bow from twine and adhere to flower pot.
- Adhere bumble bee to card.
- Using a black sharpie, make a dashed 'flight pattern' behind the bumble bee.
- Add 'Diamond' Stickles to the flight pattern.
- Add 'Platinum' Stickles to the rays of the sun.
And there you have a very cute card that could be for a birthday, congratulations, or encouragement card. Please check out the Epiphany Crafts blog (link above) to find out more about this week's challenge! Blessings, Becky