Hi there! Welcome to Camellia Cottage! I hope you are ready for something a little different from me today, because that's what you're going to get! I have made a few 12" x 12" layouts, but my area of expertise is cards and mini albums, but I just bought the new 'Fresh' collection from Authentique Paper, and then I saw their June Sketch Challenge, and I have lots of beach pictures, so I decided to give a layout a whirl! And I'm quite pleased with how it came out! First, take a look at the sketch ...
I stayed fairly true to the sketch, so here is my layout ...
The two pictures that I used were taken at the same place - Gulf Islands National Seashore - but about 4 1/2 months apart. The lower picture - the 'sunny day' one was taken May 4, 2011 when my husband and I stumbled upon this amazingly beautiful place. The upper picture was taken as the same place on Sepbember 22, 2011 when we took my Mama to see it for herself. But the rain was torrential and the wind was strong and the clouds were dark, low and heavy. As we got into the car to leave, Mama saw the rainbow, so I jumped out of the car to get pictures. One place, two days, two totally different types of weather.
- Patterned Paper and Stickers - Authentique Paper 'Fresh' Collection
- Card stock - Bazzill Basics
- Stickles 'Star Dust' - Ranger Ink
- Ink - Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pad 'Brushed Corduroy'
- Bubble Caps - Epiphany Crafts Shape Studio 'Round 25'
- Vintage lace and ric-rack - my stash
- Tan with red and white trim - May Arts
- Twine - October Afternoon 'Sasparilla' Collection
|Epiphany Accents - The Fleur de Lis paper came from the back side of the labeling for the 'Fresh' Collection.|
|Two Days, One Beach!|
|A Sunkissed Day!|
- Martha Stewart/EK Success Paper Trimmer
- Carl PRT-100 Rotary Paper Trimmer (decorative edges)
- Cricut Expression with Plantin Schoolbook and Songbird cartridges
- Epiphany Crafts Shape Studio Round 25 Tool
- Scissors, craft knife and ruler
Here is the layout with the journaling tags showing ... they are tucked in under the photos and can be pulled out using the twine pulls.
I hope you like my first layout in a long time! Considering I'm so out of practice, I am proud of how it turned out! Please take a minute and leave a comment to let me know what you think! Blessings friends! Becky