I spent most of today at one of my favorite places ... my 'LSS' or Local Scrapbooking Store, Altered Angel near Alpharetta, GA. There were just a few of us there playing and chatting and laughing and just having a good time. The owner of the store, Mary, came in for a while and brought with her a box of new goodies from Maya Road, and as she pulled them out of the box and priced them, I grabbed a little cellophane bag that caught my eye. It was the "Mini Rectangular Chipboard Accordion" ... a set of six 2 1/2" by 4 1/2" (approximately) chipboard rectangles connected by fairly heavy duty jump rings. I immediately saw a wall hanging, told Mary there was no need to hang that one on the rack as it was MINE, and got busy!
I decided to use some of the 'leftovers' from the Simple Stories 'Summer Fresh' collection that I used for the mini album I made a few weeks ago. And this is what I had a couple of hours later ...
And here are the first two sections of the wall hanging ...
And the next two sections ...
And the final two sections ...
I love it, and I think it's going on the wall in my kitchen ... I have it decorated in a 'farmhouse' style with lots of red, blue and a mustard-y yellow ... so I think it will look cute on the wall in there. Here are all the details ...
- Chipboard base - Maya Road 'Mini Rectangular Chipboard Accordion'
- Patterned paper, and coordinating sticker - Simple Stories 'Summer Fresh' collection
- Other stickers - SRM Stickers
- 'Bubble Caps' - Epiphany Crafts
- Red Twine - May Arts (I braided three strands to get a heavier hanger)
- Pleated Denim Trim - Maya Road
- Brown ink - Stampabilities
- EK Success Corner Rounding Punch - Small
- Epiphany Crafts Shape Studio Tools - Round 25 and Circle 25
- Martha Stewart / EK Success Paper Trimmer
- Scissors, Ruler, Craft Knife
I thoroughly enjoyed this project, and it went by in a flash! I've already made up my mind that I want to buy another one when I go back on Saturday, but make it as a mini album ... I think it would be really, really cute used for an album, too! Thanks so much for visiting today! Blessings, Becky