Thanks for visiting!


Welcome! This is the place where I share my artsy and crafty projects. I am an evolving artist these days ... finding myself enjoying less of the cards and mini albums that I have made for years, and turning to art journaling and more artistic endeavors. I have always enjoyed some craft or other, and some of my earliest memories of my mother helping me make paper dolls and other crafts. I am now in my 60's and finding myself more passionately enjoying creating beautiful things and learning new skills and techniques and products.

While you are here I hope you will find inspiration and ideas for making your own projects, however any images or projects you find here are my personal property and should not be used for your own monetary gain, or for contests or challenges. Thank You!

6/19/2012

Epiphany Crafts Color Challenge


I finally got to see an Epiphany tool - and all you can do with them - in action earlier this year, but I am now totally sold on them!  You can use the tools with the matching bubble caps and 'findings', or you can use them just as a punch!  Seriously, if you haven't checked them out, you really should, because the possibilities for using them are endless!  I am now proud owner of the round 25 and heart 25 shape tools, and the flower 20 button tool.


This week Epiphany Crafts is having a color challenge, asking you to use a 'rainbow' of colors on a project.  As soon as I saw the challenge, I knew what I wanted to do with it.  Can you say Simple Stores 'Summer Fresh' chevron paper???  What's better than a rainbow?  Well, a chevron rainbow, of course!!!

Here is my card based on the challenge ...




And here are all the details ...

Supplies:
  • Kraft card stock (base) - The Paper Studio
  • Patterned papers and sun element - Simple Stories 'Summer Fresh' collection
  • Flower buttons - Epiphany 'Flower 20' button bubble caps
  • Sentiment - SRM Stickers
  • Brown ink - Stampabilities
  • Stickles 'Diamond' and 'Platinum' - Ranger Ink
  • Brown corded twine - Maya Road
  • Red twine and bumble bee - my stash


Close up of flower pot using Epiphany Crafts 'Flower 20' Button Studio Tool and button bubble caps


Tools:
  • Epiphany Crafts 'Flower 20' Button Studio Tool
  • Martha Stewart / EK Success Paper Trimmer
  • Martha Stewart / EK Success Scoring Board
  • Scissors, Ruler, Craft Knife

Steps:
  1. Cut kraft card stock to 5" x 10".
  2. Score center line to make card 5" square.
  3. Ink edges with brown ink.
  4. Trim 'chevron' paper to 5" square and adhere to kraft card stock.
  5. Fussy cut sunshine element with scissors and adhere to card.
  6. Cut flower pot shape from burlap paper using scissors and adhere to card.
  7. Adhere sticker sentiment to scrap of kraft card stock.
  8. Trim card stock to slightly larger than sticker.
  9. Ink edges with brown ink.
  10. Adhere sentiment to card using foam dots.
  11. Cut basic leaf shapes from green polka dot paper and ink edges with brown ink.
  12. Adhere leaves to card, just above the flower pot.
  13. Make the flowers by using the Epiphany 'Flower 20' punch and buttons.  I used scraps of 5 different pages from the Simple Stories 'Summer Fresh' papers.
  14. Thread flower buttons using red bakers twine.
  15. Make a small bow from twine and adhere to flower pot.
  16. Adhere bumble bee to card.
  17. Using a black sharpie, make a dashed 'flight pattern' behind the bumble bee.
  18. Add 'Diamond' Stickles to the flight pattern.
  19. Add 'Platinum' Stickles to the rays of the sun.

And there you have a very cute card that could be for a birthday, congratulations, or encouragement card.  Please check out the Epiphany Crafts blog (link above) to find out more about this week's challenge!  Blessings, Becky


1 comment:

Thienly Azim said...

Great Card! Love the use of rainbow colors here and thanks for taking part in the Epiphany challenge! :) Good luck!