Thanks for visiting!


Welcome! This is the place where I share my artsy and crafty projects. I am an evolving artist these days ... finding myself enjoying less of the cards and mini albums that I have made for years, and turning to art journaling and more artistic endeavors. I have always enjoyed some craft or other, and some of my earliest memories of my mother helping me make paper dolls and other crafts. I am now in my 60's and finding myself more passionately enjoying creating beautiful things and learning new skills and techniques and products.

While you are here I hope you will find inspiration and ideas for making your own projects, however any images or projects you find here are my personal property and should not be used for your own monetary gain, or for contests or challenges. Thank You!

5/21/2012

Simple Stories - Summer Fresh Collection - Mini Album

Hi Folks!  I'm back today with a new mini album that I made with the sweetest, coolest collection I've seen in a while!  It's 'Summer Fresh' collection from Simple Stories.  The first moment I saw this collection at my LSS (Altered Angel, Alpharetta, GA), I knew that if I could design a collection that was ME, this one would be pretty darn close to it!  I love the country, summer, mason jars, pinwheels, overalls, pennant banners, burlap and calico and everything else in this collection!  This is another photo heavy post, so hold on to your hats,  here we go ........ !

Front Cover


Side View From Top

Pages One and Two ... I like having a 'title page' in my mini's, so I fussy cut the  shipping label and tapes from one sheet of paper and adhered it to the page, then added a bit of washi tape to the left side.  Page Two has a 'cupcake' pocket with a tag with journaling space stamped on the back, a 'flip mat of kraft card stock with space for 3 small photos, and a dimensional flower made from punched circles of paper.  I used more of the red and white polka dotted washi tape for pops of color here, too.

Pages One and Two

 
Page One


Page Two

 
Page Two with tag removed from pocket

Pages Three and Four have room for three photos and I backed the 'Summer' bingo card with kraft card stock so you can do your journaling on the back of it.  Page Four has a base of corrugated cardboard (♥♥♥♥) and a couple of stickers from the kit for embellishments as well as an Epiphany 'Heart 25' Bubble Cap backed with a bit of paper from the kit at the bottom right hand corner.

Pages Three and Four


Page Three


Page Three with Bingo Card Removed


Page Four
Pages Five and Six have room for larger photos!  There are two double mats for 4 x 4" photos in the pocket on Page Five and they are backed with kraft card stock so you can journal on the back of them.  Page Six has one 4 x 4 double mat with a small tag for journaling.


Pages Five and Six


Page Five with removable photo mats


Page Six

Pages Seven and Eight are so cute!  For page seven I made a pinwheel and made a green 'stem' from some old Bo bunny chalkboard chipboard (yes, it was black) and added a photo mat and a couple of stickers.  Page Eight has a few vintage button from my stash, a denim pocket with Fancy Pants ball fringe at the bottom, some Prima flowers, and Maya Road denim pleated trim.  There's a tag inside that can be used for a small photo or journaling.

Pages Seven and Eight


Page Seven


Page Eight

Pages Nine and Ten are my favorites in this album!  Page Nine is an envelope where you can store treasures like tickets, small photos and such.  The pale blue mat has a pocket full of flowers on front, and opens to show spaces for two photos.  The flap is held in place with some hook and loop tape and is topped with a soda bottle sticker, and the 'ribbon' sticker says 'seriously best day ever'.  Page Ten looks like an envelope, but it opens all the way up to show a layout with a gingham cloud with raindrops, a journaling tag, a clothesline with overalls, a flip mat for three photos, another journaling tag, a mason jar and a pocket that holds 3 tickets on which you can write down your memories.  The page closes up and is held closed with more hook and loop tape.


Pages Nine and Ten


Page Nine showing envelope flap opened


Page Ten Closed


Page Ten Opened

Pages Eleven and Twelve ... don't you love that chevron paper!  Page Eleven has places for two photos, Maya Road pleated denim trim, braided jute twine from Anna Griffin, and stars cut using the Epiphany Star Shape Studio Tool.  Page Twelve has a place to write down all 'The Details', and a pennant banner made using the Epiphany Pennant Shape Studio Tool, a bright shiny sun, and letters stating this was 'the best summer ever'! 


Pages Eleven and Twelve


Page Eleven


Page Twelve




And the back cover simply has a place to write a note or your name, or the name of the person you might give it to as a gift!


Back Cover

This album is bound using We R Memory Keeper's 'The Cinch', and I used strips of burlap, red and blue ribbon to decorate the wire binding.

Supplies:
  • Patterned paper and stickers - Simple Stories 'Summer Fresh' Collection
  • Kraft card stock - The Paper Studio
  • Brown Ink - Stampabilities
  • 'Denim' Embossing Powder - Ranger Ink
  • Washi Tape (red with white polka dots) - Queen & Company
  • Stickles 'Star Dust' and 'Platinum' - Ranger Ink
  • Binding Wires - We R Memory Keepers
  • Brown and white corded twine - Maya Road
  • Journaling stamps - Anna Griffin
  • Round, Star, Pennant and Heart 'bubble caps' - Epiphany Crafts
  • Yellow ruffled ribbon flower - Maya Road
  • Brown ball fringe - Fancy Pants Designs
  • Green chipboard - Bo Bunny (embossed with green Ranger embossing powder)
  • Yellow and green paper flowers - Prima
  • Rain Dots - Cloud 9 Design
  • Braided jute twine - Anna Griffin
  • From my stash - burlap, red and blue ribbon, vintage buttons, chipboard numbers and cream lace

Tools:
  • The Cinch - We R Memory Keepers
  • Martha Stewart / EK Success Paper Trimmer
  • Martha Stewart / EK Success Scoring board
  • Fiskars 'Apron Lace' Border Punch
  • Recollections 1.5" Scalloped Circle Punch
  • Cricut Expression and Plantin Schoolbook cartridge (tags)
  • EK Success Corner Rounding Punch - medium
  • Epiphany Crafts Round 25, Heart 25, Star and Pennant Shape Studio Tools
  • Scissors, ruler, craft knife

I have just listed this album for sale on eBay HERE if you are interested!

Thanks for visiting today!  I hope you have enjoyed this sweet summertime mini album!  Come back soon, Becky










1 comment:

Crafty Aunt Dee said...

cute book. What wonderful ideas you have in it . Thanks for sharing.