Thanks for visiting!


Welcome! This is the place where I share my artsy and crafty projects. I am an evolving artist these days ... finding myself enjoying less of the cards and mini albums that I have made for years, and turning to art journaling and more artistic endeavors. I have always enjoyed some craft or other, and some of my earliest memories of my mother helping me make paper dolls and other crafts. I am now in my 60's and finding myself more passionately enjoying creating beautiful things and learning new skills and techniques and products.

While you are here I hope you will find inspiration and ideas for making your own projects, however any images or projects you find here are my personal property and should not be used for your own monetary gain, or for contests or challenges. Thank You!

4/14/2013

Be Joyful .... and Bliss!

Wow, I'm running behind on sharing my art journal pages with you!  Or maybe I'm just running to fast at getting them made!  Whatever it may be, I have two art journal pages to share with you today.  The first one is ...... Bliss ......





As usual, the back ground was made using my Gelli Arts Gel Printing Plate.  The diamond pattern was created using one of those metal grill 'plates' that you put on your grill when cooking small things like veggies or shrimp.  It works great with the Gelli Plate!  The starburst sun is made using Liquitex Modeling Paste and a stencil that my friend Kathleen loaned me last week when we were playing together at our local LSS.




The patterned papers are all from My Minds Eye, and the 'cabochon' flowers were purchased ages ago from Pick Your Plum.  All paints are Anita's All Purpose Acrylic Craft Paints.



A list of things that make for a blissful day!

And now on to ... Be Joyful ...




Sorry for the bad picture, but the sun wasn't cooperating!  The patterned papers are all from Jillibean Soup, and paints are Anita's, as usual.




This scripture is one of my favorite ... it helped me through a rough time about 9 years ago, and I believe that we need to give thanks even for the bad times!




And this is my motto!  Be Joyful!  If you are waiting to 'feel joyful' you'll never get it!  You have to make it an attitude!




This little garland on the top left corner is made of Liquitex Modeling Paste and some paper lace t hat I've had forever.  I painted the flowers and leaves with acrylic paint.  Sorry about the white gunky stuff, but the Mod Podge was still wet when I made the picture.

So there are two of my latest art journal pages.  I hope you like them and will come back again soon to see another project!  Blessings,



1 comment:

Val said...

Joy! Thats your word! Love this!