Thanks for visiting!


Welcome! This is the place where I share my artsy and crafty projects. I am an evolving artist these days ... finding myself enjoying less of the cards and mini albums that I have made for years, and turning to art journaling and more artistic endeavors. I have always enjoyed some craft or other, and some of my earliest memories of my mother helping me make paper dolls and other crafts. I am now in my 60's and finding myself more passionately enjoying creating beautiful things and learning new skills and techniques and products.

While you are here I hope you will find inspiration and ideas for making your own projects, however any images or projects you find here are my personal property and should not be used for your own monetary gain, or for contests or challenges. Thank You!

4/13/2013

Happy Fourth Blog-iversary To Unscripted Sketches


This truly is a special day!  My friends over at Unscripted Sketches are celebrating their fourth anniversary blog-iversary!  Unscripted Sketches was my very first Design Team assignment, and I loved my time there and made some great friends that I still keep in touch with via Facebook.  So I am so excited to join their birthday sketch challenge with a mixed media art journal page I made just for them ... here is their sketch ...


SK175 US206


And here is my project ...





As my background I used a print I made a  while back using my Gelli Arts Gel Printing Plate and inexpensive acrylic paints.  The patterned papers are all from Simple Stories and the ribbon is from American Crafts.



The # 4 is from Bazzill Basics, but it was red so I painted it with turquoise acrylic paint.  The button is from Buttons Galore.




I want to wish Unscripted Sketches a very happy blog-iversary and all the best for their continued success!  Love you folks!!!

Blessings,











3 comments:

dstandard said...

Cute card - great colors! Thanks for playing at Unscripted Sketches!

Geri said...

Okay, now this is truly a clever idea...and you've used a "4" so you will earn extra prize entries! Your card really is fun & festive - love the banner!
Thanks for getting into the celebratory mode with us at Unscripted Sketches and for the sweet, sweet congratularoy message!

SmilynStef said...

Clever indeed ... thanks so much for the fun birthday wishes ... so glad you joined us at Unscripted Sketches.