Thanks for visiting!


Welcome! This is the place where I share my artsy and crafty projects. I am an evolving artist these days ... finding myself enjoying less of the cards and mini albums that I have made for years, and turning to art journaling and more artistic endeavors. I have always enjoyed some craft or other, and some of my earliest memories of my mother helping me make paper dolls and other crafts. I am now in my 60's and finding myself more passionately enjoying creating beautiful things and learning new skills and techniques and products.

While you are here I hope you will find inspiration and ideas for making your own projects, however any images or projects you find here are my personal property and should not be used for your own monetary gain, or for contests or challenges. Thank You!

4/12/2013

Sunshine In Her Heart ... Mixed Media Art Journal Page

Hello there folks!  I am back here again with ... yes, once again ... an art journal page that I created using my Gelli Arts Gel Printing Plate for the base.  This one is bright and shiny and so pretty and feminine!  Here is a picture so you can see for yourself ...



I love this piece, full of citrus-y orange, green, yellow and pops of turquoise, and a cute, frilly dress form and a bright and shining - glowing even - sun  The dress form was was cut from the Forever Young cartridge on my Cricut Expression, and this is the second printing on the gelli plate, so I got the texture from the texured cardstock and the strong outline.  I added patterned paper cut into narrow strips (@ 1 1/2") then misted with water and crumpled up and pleated for a skirt.  Mod Podge added in a couple of layers made the skirt firm so it will hold it's shape.




The sun was made using a round plastic canvas needlepoint shape that I bought at Hobby Lobby.  You simply use modeling paste (Liquitex) to fill the holes in the mesh, remove the plastic and it will leave the texture.  Then I painted it with Sunshine Yellow, Tangerine, and some Titanium Gold acrylic paint, and coated it with Mod Podge for a final coating.  I really love how it turned out!




The quote is "She Started With Sunshine In Her Heart" and that is a reminder to me that my days are better if I start my day with sunshine in my heart!  Before I get out of bed each day, I try to turn my thoughts in a positive direction ... and yes, I have bad days - WE ALL DO!  I mean, we are human and people and things around us can turn us to face the darkness in a second, but if we keep looking back to the sun ... whatever that is for us, be it faith, family, friends, creativity ... WHATEVER!, we can change our direction and make our day better.

So, this piece is for you today ... remember to face toward the sun and fill your heart with sunshine, and make your day better than it might be in other circumstances.  Have a great weekend, and Blessings,

Products:
  • Gelli Arts Gel Printing Plate
  • Paints - Anita's All Purpose Acrylic Craft Paint
  • Modeling Paste - Liquitex
  • Patterned Paper - My Minds Eye
  • Ribbon - ordered from eBay 
  • Card Stock - Georgia Pacific 110 pound (Walmart)
  • Marker - Micron

1 comment:

Val said...

Beautiful Card and beautiful post.