Thanks for visiting!


Welcome! This is the place where I share my artsy and crafty projects. I am an evolving artist these days ... finding myself enjoying less of the cards and mini albums that I have made for years, and turning to art journaling and more artistic endeavors. I have always enjoyed some craft or other, and some of my earliest memories of my mother helping me make paper dolls and other crafts. I am now in my 60's and finding myself more passionately enjoying creating beautiful things and learning new skills and techniques and products.

While you are here I hope you will find inspiration and ideas for making your own projects, however any images or projects you find here are my personal property and should not be used for your own monetary gain, or for contests or challenges. Thank You!

2/05/2011

Unscripted Sketches #92 - My Very First Sketch!

Welcome to Sketch It Saturday!  This is the day that Unscripted Sketches shares a new challenge with you, and eagerly awaits YOUR take on the week's sketch!  And I am very excited because this week's sketch was created by none other than little ol' ME!  Yep, that's right!  I submitted a couple of sketches and this week AND next week's sketches are my creations.  This is not normally something that I would do, but one day I was working on some Valentines tags, and when I finished one of them I looked at it and said to myself "this would make a great sketch!", and it did!  Here's the sketch for this week . . .




And here is my inspiration for the sketch, and yes, I went from round to oval, but I think that's what you call 'creative license' or 'artists interpretation'!  :o)




And here is my take on the sketch . . .




And of course, here are all the details . . .

Product Info:
  • Patterned paper is from Prima Marketing, Shabby Chic Collection "Sweets"
  • Card stock is from Die Cuts With a View
  • Stickles 'Crystal'
  • Prima eLine pearls







Tips, Tools and Techniques:
  • Cut patterned paper to size and adhered it to a ready-made blank card using Glue Glider Pro and PermaTac adhesive
  • For oval I used my Cricut Expression and A Childs Year cartridge The darker pink scalloped oval is using Monogram feature, cut at 4 1/2 inches, and the pink oval with 'LOVE' cut out is using Monogram feature, also cut at 4 1/2 inches.  Once the two pieces were glued together, I added the stickles inside the letters.
  • For hearts, I also used my Cricut Expression and Plantin Schoolbook cartridge,  set at 1 1/4" for the two smaller, and 1 3/4" for the larger.  I then scored the hearts down the center, added stickles to the outer edges and a pearl to each. 
  • Brown ink was lightly applied to the outer edges of the card for a little finish to the edges.

Once again, I have to say that I didn't think I would ever use the A Child's Year cartridge, but I keep coming back to it time and again!  There are so many things you can do with the different features available on it!  To learn more about choosing your cartridges, read Number Four on my post HERE.

Thanks for stopping by, and come back next week to see another project made from one of my sketches!

Be Joyful Always!  Becky

2 comments:

Val said...

So explain this to me. You design a sketch and then make a card using that design, right? I am still trying to catch on. Congrats on your sketch. You are so smart!

Angy said...

This was a great sketch and I loved how quickly it worked for me. Thanks for coming up with it. Love the paper you used for your project but then I love patterned paper.