Thanks for visiting!


Welcome! This is the place where I share my artsy and crafty projects. I am an evolving artist these days ... finding myself enjoying less of the cards and mini albums that I have made for years, and turning to art journaling and more artistic endeavors. I have always enjoyed some craft or other, and some of my earliest memories of my mother helping me make paper dolls and other crafts. I am now in my 60's and finding myself more passionately enjoying creating beautiful things and learning new skills and techniques and products.

While you are here I hope you will find inspiration and ideas for making your own projects, however any images or projects you find here are my personal property and should not be used for your own monetary gain, or for contests or challenges. Thank You!

7/27/2008

The Rest Is Still Unwritten!

Happy Sunday!


I have a very sweet friend named Nancy. We met online at a recipe swap forum, and have become fast friends. She has many day to day challenges, but she rarely lets them get her down, and somehow always seems able to find the beauty and the laughter in everything. She is very special to me, and I hope to meet her one day soon!


Anyway, Nancy asked me to make a graduation card for her neice's husband who, after much hard work and dedication, is graduating from college next month. Of course I got right on it, and am pleased with the outcome. This was a new type of card for me, but I think I'll be making more in days to come.


The shape, or design of the card is called a joy fold card. Another online friend, Linda, told me about it and gave me a link to the tutorial on how to make it. It's from the Split Coast Stampers website, and you can find them here, too >>> http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ee/index.php/resources/tutorials/joy_fold_card/


The base cardstock is Bazzill's orange peel textured cardstock. The paper is from Fancy Pants 'Papa" line in the 'Brave' design.

I simply typed the quote onto vellum and attached it to the front card flap with some gold 'snap' eyelets from Buttons Galore.



The quote inside is from the same line, and from the
'Papa Card Set'. I love this concept, because it's a dozen neat cards all on one 12 x 12 inch piece of paper, and you can cut them as you need them. Great idea!



The chipboard circle is from Bo Bunny's Bleached Bare Naked Chipboard - Fancy Frills. I scratched the white surface with an emery board (nail file) then inked it heavily with copper swift ink from the Color Box Petal Points 'alchemy' collection. Next I heat embossed it using copper embossing powder. I just love that hammered copper look. I topped it off with a piece of orange and white gingham ribbon (Ribbon Trends - The Paper Studio) and a small button from Buttons Galore.
Below is a view of the card as it appears fully opened.

I used a piece of plain white cardstock to cover the back side of the snaps, and it also gives the 'giver' an extra place for their note.

Well, that's it from me for today! I hope you've enjoyed your visit! Add me to your favorites and come back from time to time to see what we've been doing at Camellia Cottage! Blessings Friends! Becky

No comments: