Thanks for visiting!


Welcome! This is the place where I share my artsy and crafty projects. I am an evolving artist these days ... finding myself enjoying less of the cards and mini albums that I have made for years, and turning to art journaling and more artistic endeavors. I have always enjoyed some craft or other, and some of my earliest memories of my mother helping me make paper dolls and other crafts. I am now in my 60's and finding myself more passionately enjoying creating beautiful things and learning new skills and techniques and products.

While you are here I hope you will find inspiration and ideas for making your own projects, however any images or projects you find here are my personal property and should not be used for your own monetary gain, or for contests or challenges. Thank You!

8/22/2008

Happy Birthday Wayne, and 2 Sketches 4 You Cards

First, I have to say a very, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my sweet hubby! We've been married for 23+ years, and he's still my one and only love! Love you!!!!


Now, on to the business at hand - 2 Sketches 4 You!!! They had two great sketches this week. First is my take on Kazan's Sketch # 7 >>>


The base is Bazzill cardstock. The pretty cross-stitched sampler looking paper is from Cosmo Cricket 's Twist and Shout line "Honey Pie: Megan". The pink scalloped journaling sheet is from Making Memories spiral journaling book - the {note}worthy line. The lace is some old lace I've had for ages.


The birdie is hand cut from felt, with a seed bead added for the eye. The rub-on is from Melissa Frances, flowers are Petaloo's Dahlia Box blend, and the large button is from buttonsgaloreandmore.com.



Next up is the bonus sketch, which came from Ingrid. I decided to make this sketch using a Joy Fold technique, and some Bo Bunny paper "Ella
















Enchanted", with a base of Bazzill cardstock. I loved the two coordinating sides of this Bo Bunny paper, so I used the floral side for the outside, and the polka dot side for the inside of the card.

I used my Cuttlebug and the Spellbinder's Nestabilities dies to make the perfect circles and inked them a bit with some matching pink ink. The flowers are cut from the Bo Bunny paper and added with foam dots.

The circles slip under the lower of the two flowers, and that holds the card closed. I added some red and white plaid ribbon for a pretty bow.

The rub-on is from Melissa Frances.

Once again, thanks for visiting my place here at Camellia Cottage. Have a great weekend, and come back for a visit soon! Blessings, Becky

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Lovely cards - love the curve design with scallops on my sketch and I love the circles on Ingrids Sketch - you did a fab job on both
:) Kazan
Wish Wayne a Happy B/day from 2S4Y too ;)

Lea L. said...

Both cards are so pretty! I love the center of the flower on that first one! Great job with the sketch!

~lea

Joke said...

Lovely cards. Those pearls on the flower are so lovely. Great job.

Joke

Kath Stewart said...

gorgeous gorgeous cards and love that cute little birdie - have a great weekend
Kath
xxxxxx

tomiannie said...

Such pretty cards! Great job!

Ingrid said...

Both cards are gorgeous. I love your take on my sketch. Thanks for playing along.

TesaB said...

Thanks for visiting me!!! You've done gorgeous cards this week (too!). LOVE that cosmo cricket, and the bird is soooo cute! Happy it's mondays - new sketch/es from Kazan and Laura! See ya!