Thanks for visiting!


Welcome! This is the place where I share my artsy and crafty projects. I am an evolving artist these days ... finding myself enjoying less of the cards and mini albums that I have made for years, and turning to art journaling and more artistic endeavors. I have always enjoyed some craft or other, and some of my earliest memories of my mother helping me make paper dolls and other crafts. I am now in my 60's and finding myself more passionately enjoying creating beautiful things and learning new skills and techniques and products.

While you are here I hope you will find inspiration and ideas for making your own projects, however any images or projects you find here are my personal property and should not be used for your own monetary gain, or for contests or challenges. Thank You!

8/31/2008

Sunday Playtime - "Thinking of You"

It's been a nice, lazy Sunday morning for us here at Camellia Cottage. And, though that is about to change for the rest of the day because I need to empty the dishwasher and start filling it up again, and get things going toward tonights dinner, I wanted to share with you what I've made today.


I used Bazzill cardstock as the base, and a wild paisley in pale greens and purples by Wild Asparagus. I did stitching around the perimeter in a variety of stitches with a dark green thread. For the centerpiece, I took a vintage looking picture of pansies, backed it on a buttery gold cardstock, then stitched around it on three sides to attach it.

I left the top open so I could slide a tag inside. See next picture for that. The tag is made from the same cardstock as the base, with a flourish stamped on using Versamark ink, and heat embossed with clear powder. The flourish stamp is from Autumn Leaves & Rhonna Farrer's 'Flourishes 2' set. I added a gold satin bow to the tag, inked the gold rectangle and stamped it with a tiny 'Thinking of You" stamp, from Kelly Panacci 'Sentiments' by Sandylion. To embellish the bow, I added a pale lavender flower from a piece of costume jewelery.



For other embellishments I used vintage purple velvet ribbon, silk hydrangea blossoms, pearl beads, and an old Avon earring of my grandmother's. I also added a few purple-y rhinestones for a little added texture.


Thanks for coming to visit, and I hope you've enjoyed looking at my latest creation. Blessings to you! Becky

2 comments:

Kath Stewart said...

thanks for giving it a try Becky - just make sure that you enable Comment Moderation so that you can read each one before you publish and love this card - gorgeous work
Love
Kath
xxxxxx

TesaB said...

It's exquisite! Love all the beautiful details and jewellry! Have a great day!