Thanks for visiting!


Welcome! This is the place where I share my artsy and crafty projects. I am an evolving artist these days ... finding myself enjoying less of the cards and mini albums that I have made for years, and turning to art journaling and more artistic endeavors. I have always enjoyed some craft or other, and some of my earliest memories of my mother helping me make paper dolls and other crafts. I am now in my 60's and finding myself more passionately enjoying creating beautiful things and learning new skills and techniques and products.

While you are here I hope you will find inspiration and ideas for making your own projects, however any images or projects you find here are my personal property and should not be used for your own monetary gain, or for contests or challenges. Thank You!

9/23/2008

2 Sketches 4 You - Laura's Sketch 9 - Gratitude

It's a beautiful day in my part of northern Georgia! The sun is shining, the temps are cooler than they have been in recent weeks, and there's a nice breeze blowing through the trees - just lovely! I just spent some time outside taking the pictures for this week's 2 Sketches 4 You sketch, and with that sunny sky, the colors came out very clear and true.


Fall colors are so appropriate for right now, so I used papers from a 3Birds kit in the earthtones of beige, olive, brown, tan, orange and a bit of aqua thrown in for good measure! The wide satin ribbon I used for the bow matches the aqua stripe perfectly. (Thanks to Kath for showing us how to make a pretty wrap around bow!) The curvy piece on the righthand side was cut using a Making Memories journaling sheet as a template, then I used some Stickles on the flowers for a little bling.

The 'gratitude' tag was printed on my inkjet printer, trimmed, the corners rounded, inked and attached to the top of the bow with a large brown button threaded with the aqua ribbon. A simple card that packs a big punch, and I know just who I'm going to send it to!

Well, laundry duty is calling, so that's all from me for now. I'll leave you with one more picture from another angle so you can see a little more detail. Have a blessed day everyone!!! Becky

10 comments:

Monique said...

Wow what a beauty. I like the ribon, the color is fabulous.

Laura Davis said...

Becky,
This is beautiful I love the Fall colors and that blue bow is my best:)
My laundry is calling me too!! LOL
Laura

Lisette Gibbons said...

What a fantastic bow.

**Nancy** said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! I love the colors!!!

Joke said...

Oh, I love bows like this. Perfect. Great take on the sketch!

Kathryn said...

LOVE the bow -- so stunning- the card is very pretty! :)

Eveline said...

I love that big blue bow. I saw Kath's tutorial too.
Lovely card.
Eveline.

Anonymous said...

Love the fall colors and the big bow!

Rleen said...

I love the beautiful blue ribbon with buttons and the cute tag. This card is fabulous, love it! Great job!

Eva said...

So pretty....your ribbon is just stunning!