Thanks for visiting!


Welcome! This is the place where I share my artsy and crafty projects. I am an evolving artist these days ... finding myself enjoying less of the cards and mini albums that I have made for years, and turning to art journaling and more artistic endeavors. I have always enjoyed some craft or other, and some of my earliest memories of my mother helping me make paper dolls and other crafts. I am now in my 60's and finding myself more passionately enjoying creating beautiful things and learning new skills and techniques and products.

While you are here I hope you will find inspiration and ideas for making your own projects, however any images or projects you find here are my personal property and should not be used for your own monetary gain, or for contests or challenges. Thank You!

9/27/2008

World Card Making Day

Hi Everyone! Just wanted to take a sec and remind you that next Saturday, October 4, 2008 is World Card Making Day. There are TONS of websites and blogs out there that will be having challenges and such, and one of those is on Scrapbook.com (sb.com), where yours truly will be hosting a challenge thread on their challenge forums.

Because our cardmakers on sb.com are all over the world, I'll actually be starting it on Friday afternooon eastern time, so that my friends all over will have a chance to join in the fun. I'll have one thread, or post, but will have 3 challenges: one for theme, one for product/technique, depending on how you look at it, and one that you'll need 3 sheets of coordinating 12 x 12 scrapbooking paper, so go through your stash so you can be prepared.

On Sunday the 5th - Tues. the 7th we'll have a vote for the best card of the day, then put the top 3-5 on a poll and vote on the winner of a nice 'assortment' RAK from me. I hope to post a pic of it on here tomorrow or Monday. On Friday the 3rd, once I get the thread up and running, I'll post a link to it on this blog, so if you want to join in, PLEASE come and join us!!! If you aren't a member of Scrapbook.com, it's really easy to join and doesn't cost a thing!

So, now you know, and you don't have any excuses not to come and join us next Saturday for "World Card Making Day!" Have a blessed one! Becky

No comments: