Thanks for visiting!


Welcome! This is the place where I share my artsy and crafty projects. I am an evolving artist these days ... finding myself enjoying less of the cards and mini albums that I have made for years, and turning to art journaling and more artistic endeavors. I have always enjoyed some craft or other, and some of my earliest memories of my mother helping me make paper dolls and other crafts. I am now in my 60's and finding myself more passionately enjoying creating beautiful things and learning new skills and techniques and products.

While you are here I hope you will find inspiration and ideas for making your own projects, however any images or projects you find here are my personal property and should not be used for your own monetary gain, or for contests or challenges. Thank You!

10/24/2008

Shhhhhhh, don't tell anyone I've been creating today . . .

Yep, it's been one of those rainy, windy, chilly, stay in your flannel pj's all day and play kind of days! I've actually gotten a couple of things made, the latest of which is this beautiful autumn card I made for two challenges. One is for Sue's 'Forever Autumn' challenge over on Daring Card Makers, and I used sketch #87 from CPS this week. I love it when I can multi-task!

All the cardstock I used is from Bazzil, the striped paper is 'Moonraker' from Pink Paislee's Vintage Moon collection. The images (leaf included) are from clipart software.


I inked the edges of the picture with brown ink, then double matted it in beige and orange cardstock.
The leaf was also a clipart image I printed onto cardstock then cut it out with scissors. Next I heavily inked it with clear ink and used copper powder to heat emboss it. This gives it a kind of hammered copper look. For the next layer I once again heavily inked it with clear ink and used clear powder to heat emboss it. This kind of evened out the texture. I love the way it came out!


The lace is from an OLD stash I've had for ages, but the gorgeous copper colored silk ribbon is from One Hundred Wishes - a great online store. You can find a link to it in my lists to the left.
I touched up the leaves, tips of the wheat stalks and apples with a touch of Stickles and with that it was finished.
Hope you enjoy looking as much as I enjoyed making it! Blessings friends! Becky

6 comments:

SueH said...

What a wonderful card Becky.
The clip art image you’ve used is perfect for the DCM's dare and I love the way you’ve highlighted parts of it with Stickles. The lace is a lovely touch too!

Thanks for joining in.

Lythan said...

What a clever idea to use clip art. The card is so cosy and warm looking if you know what I mean

Kathy said...

What a fab Autumnal card.

Audrey Pettit said...

Hi Becky! Cute card you've made. I love that PP paper, but have yet to ever get my hands on any of their lines. Love that embossed leaf. The coppery accent is just perfect. Lace is so pretty, too.

Charity Hassel said...

how lovely is this! thanks for playing along at the cps blog!

Phree said...

Gorgeous card.